33 Airport Drive
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for an Auditor 1 (Municipal), eligible under the 55 b/c program (see below), or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
For a 70.1 transfer to an Auditor 1 (Municipal), SG-18, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
70.1 Transfer to a trainee 2:
For a 70.1 transfer to the trainee 2, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 14 or above.
70.1 Transfer to a trainee 1:
For a 70.1 transfer to the trainee 1, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 12 or above.
Depending on qualifications, you may be required to serve a 1 or 2-year traineeship that leads to the full level grade 18 position.
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For 55 b/c appointment, you must:
Possess the minimum qualifications for the selected title as established by the Department of Civil Service and listed on the most recent exam announcement. http://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-722.cfm (Trainee level)*
http://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-777.cfm (Senior level)
Meet the applicable minimal mental and/or physical requirements for the job (with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary)
Have a current Eligibility Letter from the NYS Department of Civil Service, www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/, and be able to provide it to the Human Resources Office upon request.
*If you are currently 55b/c eligible and possess a bachelor’s degree, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Duties Description Audit Execution
• Conduct audit assignments in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and Division policies and directives including the Comprehensive Audit Manual.
• Participate in entrance and exit conferences with local officials, contribute appropriate and accurate information as necessary and document meeting results adequately.
• Assist in developing audit scope, objectives, and appropriate audit tests to sufficiently document municipal unit’s compliance with audit requirements.
• Conduct organized and focused interviews with local government personnel to obtain relevant operational and procedural information.
• Gather, analyze, summarize, and sufficiently document information to complete each audit step in the audit program or checklist, applying technical and analytical skills to arrive at appropriate conclusions.
• Convey pertinent information to audit team members and work unit management and contribute suggestions and provide meaningful input during audit team and work unit meetings.
• Prepare written documents that are clear, concise, well organized, adequately summarized and use appropriate tone and grammar.
• Prepare assigned sections of examination/audit reports summarizing audit findings and developing recommendations that meet Division standards for quality and are written concisely and accurately.
• Ensure that audit work papers and examination/audit reports are appropriately cross-referenced to adequate and appropriate information.
• Provide Training and Technical Assistance
• Gain knowledge of professional standards, Division policies and guidelines, accounting systems, opinions and laws and provide guidance and technical assistance to local officials when requested.
• Provide training to local officials and/or examiners at conferences, meetings and schools as assigned that presents acceptable and applicable content that is prepared and presented in a professional manner.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal skills
• Good knowledge and use of technology
• Good organizational skills
• Team player
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
The Office of the New York State Comptroller (OSC) supports telecommuting where it is reasonable to do so based upon the agency’s mission and operational needs. Generally, employees new to OSC will be restricted from telecommuting for at least 8 calendar weeks. After the initial 8 calendar week restriction, if an employee’s duties and work performance are aligned with telecommuting they may be allowed to do so. Upon approval to telecommute, OSC employees may telecommute for up to 5 days per pay period.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to email@example.com, no later than December 8, 2023. Reference Item #04248-SAB in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Jennifer Haviland, firstname.lastname@example.org
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The OER ID # should not be included.