2834 Route 17M
Minimum Qualifications 1. License and current registration to practice medicine in New York State or a New York State limited permit and licensure in another state or Canada;
2. Certification in Psychiatry issued by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) or equivalent certifying body;
3. Seven years of experience providing services to people diagnosed with mental illness, two years of which must have included supervising physicians and other clinical staff responsible for the delivery of treatment services; providing direction to staff regarding program objectives and the implementation of policy; and providing guidance to various clinical specialists.
4. Eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
Duties Description The Clinical Director serves as the Chief Medical Officer of MHFPC and is responsible for the administration, oversight, evaluation, and continuous improvement of all psychiatric, medical, and medical/ancillary services provided by MHFPC’s psychiatric center staff and consultants. The Clinical Director has primary responsibility for developing, updating, and implementing facility-wide clinical policies and procedures and ensures that MHFPC is in compliance with all OMH, Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS), The Joint Commission (TJC) and other external accrediting bodies’ standards, rules, and regulations. Ultimately, the Clinical Director ensures that the clinical mission of the facility is successfully aligned with the overall mission of OMH.
Additional Comments Mid-Hudson Forensic Psychiatric Center (MHFPC), a CMS certified, and Joint Commission accredited secure psychiatric center located in New Hampton, New York, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Clinical Director, Psychiatric Center. MHFPC is a leader in the field of forensic psychiatry. The facility provides a comprehensive program of evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation services for patients admitted by court order. These admissions are consequent to judicial findings of “incompetent to stand trial” or “not responsible by reason of mental disease or defect.” For further information, please visit the facility website at:
Background Investigation and Fees
All prospective employees will be fingerprinted and undergo a complete Criminal Background Check against New York State and federal criminal history records. Candidates will also be subject to a check against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs, and the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR) maintained by the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS). Candidates may be required to pay the fees associated with these background checks. Employment is contingent upon your complying with and satisfactorily meeting these background investigation requirements.
1. It is the candidate’s responsibility to clearly demonstrate how they meet minimum qualifications. Vague or ambiguous information will not be interpreted in the candidate’s favor.
2. In order to be hired and to maintain your employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists. If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists, you may be terminated from your employment.
3. Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
4. If appointed, the selected candidate must establish and maintain residency in New York State to continue employment in this position.
Plus $1,543 Location Pay.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates interested in employment at this location should submit a resume by February 15, 2024.
Human Resources Specialist 1
Attention: Clinical Director – MHFPC
NYS Office of Mental Health
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229
PHONE # (518) 474-1261
Email submissions preferred.
The Mission of the New York State office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where the unique attributes and skills of all employees are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.