Minimum Qualifications Applicants must be able to read, speak, and understand English, and must possess a valid New York State motor vehicle operator’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
Duties Description Responsible for all aspects of parking lot management including collecting parking fees, providing information to the public, permit enforcement and security; may be required to direct traffic or move and park patrons’ cars in lots with double parking. Parking Service Attendants will also be required to perform lot maintenance including picking up trash, snow removal, pulling weeds, lawn mowing, raking, salting staircases and sidewalks by hand, painting, etc. Parking Service Attendants may be required to assist with Parking Maintenance duties as assigned to include but not limited to collecting garbage, cleaning booths, and maintaining vehicles. Job duties may include maintaining records, permitting patrons, reporting to management or any other duties required to support the Parking Services unit.
• Ability to operate vehicles with a standard transmission.
• Ability to interact with people and remain courteous and helpful, even in difficult situations.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time as required.
• Ability to operate small equipment including lawnmowers, weed eaters, snow blowers, etc.
• Ability to bend and lift up to 70 lbs.
• May be exposed to all types of weather conditions for long periods of time including extreme heat and cold, wind, rain, snow, ice, etc.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza