Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• In title Program Aide, Grade 13
• Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to a Program Aide, Grade 13 by the Department of Civil Service.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Aide performs a variety of substantive professional, technical, and administrative duties under the supervision and guidance of professional staff. Assignments require specific program knowledge and are characterized by the application of clear guidelines, which require basic analysis, review, and decision-making.
In support of state operations, the Program Aide will provide a wide range of administrative, technical, and data-focused tasks for the Division of State Operations in the Capital District DDSO.
The incumbent of this position will apply analytical strategies to task completion, monitor compliance with performance metrics, and perform solution-oriented decision making to improve operations.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to, the following:
? Coordinate information flow by acting as liaison among upper and mid-level management.
? Develop, maintain, and update database programs and methods of data analysis for program operations.
? Monitor and evaluate data for deficiencies and assist in solution-oriented decision-making.
? Assist in the preparation, review, evaluation, and analysis of a variety of reports and other documents.
? Manage data tracking systems and analyze data for program operations.
? Utilize information technology applications such as email, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing
? Create, maintain, and enter information into spreadsheets and databases
? Manage documentation including completion of required forms in accordance with agency procedures
? Manage project timelines and deadlines.
? Perform other tasks as needed.
? Assist in creating and managing a database to track a variety of projects.
*Telecommuting to be discussed
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress, high productivity environment.
• Excellent ability to maintain positive working relationships with the union representatives, co-workers, and employees.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, as is the ability to move between tasks quickly and effectively.
• Ability to remain objective.
• Tenacity and persistence are needed to fully research a matter and get others to provide the information that is needed to close an issue.
• Recent aptitude with Microsoft Office Software to develop spreadsheets and Word documents.
• Ability to use a computer to type letters, e-mails and maintain your calendar.
• Ability to read and comprehend technical information and apply it and/or explain it in simple terms to others.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail email@example.com if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Reasonable Accommodation Unit at (518) 486-7222 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements, and previously approved vacation/holiday time will be honored in the new assignment.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
500 Balltown Road
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
*Please reference EOA #23-1378 in all correspondence.