ALB: One Commerce Plaza, Albany
Minimum Qualifications • Planning and administration responsibilities.
• Analysis of policies and procedures affecting business and/or regulation.
• Planning and coordination of events and ongoing programs.
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications listed below in order to be eligible for appointment.
Non-Competitive: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Administration, Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Health,
Health Administration, Health Policy, Law, Mathematics, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Health, Public Policy,
Risk Management or Statistics and two (2) years of specialized experience in one or more of the following:
• Research, planning, administration, and/or analysis of the policies and procedures affecting regulated entities and how
they conduct business activities with the public and/or other regulated entities.
• Research and analysis of State and federal statutes and regulations and their effects upon the business activities of
financial services entities with regard to the public and/or other financial services entities.
A Master’s Degree in one (1) of the related fields or a J.D. may substitute for one (1) year of specialized experience. A Ph.D.
in one (1) of the related fields may substitute for two (2) years of specialized experience.
Duties Description Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides technical assistance in implementing new or revised administrative processes;
• Reviews, designs and controls organizational forms for internal or external use;
• Reviews and updates policy, administrative and procedural manuals;
• Implements and conducts quality reviews for the records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of
• Supports policy analysts on developing a detailed project plan considering the objectives, timelines, responsible
parties, stakeholders, and potential challenges to be solved;
• Supports the collection of pertinent data through various means such as interviews, conferences, questionnaires,
reports and on-site observations;
• Documents any revisions to overall project plans and reports out on those revisions to project leads and managers to
improve and address overall project objectives;
• Identifies the problems or factors inhibiting the achievement of project goals and offers administrative or operational
solutions to project leads;
• Under the direction of project leads and managers, helps to write periodic progress reports containing findings and
recommendations; may make oral presentations to agency officials and other concerned parties to answer questions
regarding the project and its implementation;
• Prepares or directs the preparation of reports and other material necessary to implement policy recommendations;
• Compiles, tracks and analyzes IPU performance measure data and provides information to management, if
• Performs duties in support of IPU performance improvement initiatives such as planning and facilitating process
improvement events and trainings; analyzing data and performance; preparing and presenting specific studies,
surveys, projects and documentation.
Additional Comments Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,087 annual downstate adjustment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than December 31, 2023 to the
email address listed below. Please include the Box # Box PA-FSS1PA-10586 in the subject line of your email to ensure
receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza, Suite 301
Albany, NY 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Employment with New York State qualifies an individual for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF). This program forgives
the remaining balance on any Direct Student Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working fulltime
for a U.S. federal, state, local, or tribal government or not-for-profit organization. To learn more about the program and
whether you would qualify, please visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable
accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an
accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job. If the accommodation would constitute
an undue hardship on the operations of the agency, the agency is not required to provide it.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate,
in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation
history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such
information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518)
473-3130 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.