433 River Street, Suite 1003
Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in business, liberal arts and sciences, public administration, urban planning, or similar fields; or associate degree with an additional 2 years of direct/relevant experience.
Relevant experience desired: Minimum 3-5 years’ direct experience in one or more of the following fields: economic development, government, planning, public administration, related business, or not-for-profit area.
Knowledge required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, take initiative, and work independently. Familiarity with business, not-for-profit, and governmental agencies and general knowledge of New York State’s geography and economies. Strong attention to detail and independent follow through are highly important. Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word; Database management.
Duties Description *Applicants MUST submit a cover letter with resume to be considered.
*Position expected to work onsite and hybrid consistent with New York State.
Manage the administration of economic development incentives (grants and loans) from point of offer acceptance through funding disbursement for projects undertaken by businesses and organizations such as municipalities, and not-for-profits, and local economic development organizations.
• General management of a portfolio of 80-100 active grants and loans, including review of applications, management of approval and funding process, compiling and reviewing information, negotiating terms, preparing directors approval documents and contracts, presenting projects, and attending off-site meetings.
• Communicate with applicants and applicant reps, including telephone, email, and paper correspondence.
• Ensure that project information is accurate in the web-based Project Tracking System.
• Coordinate with internal contacts (Origination, Finance, Design and Construction, Contractor, and Supplier Diversity, Legal) in the preparation of board of directors’ approval materials, contracts, project status reports, and other documents appropriate for the review/management of projects.
• Review requests for disbursement, perform desk audits, work with project attorneys for loan closings, and oversee grant disbursements.
• Other departmental tasks as assigned by the VP/Department Head.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY