Minimum Qualifications Education Level Required: Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years equivalent work experience managing complex programs may be substituted.
Relevant Experience: 4+ years of experience as a Program Manager leading large-scale programs or other managerial position responsible for delivering complex projects.
Knowledge required: Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods, including managing and communicating with diverse stakeholders, ability to work in the details of administering a program without losing sight of the bigger strategic picture. Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience managing sensitive relationships with diplomacy and discretion. Experience using MS Office, grant application software, CRM systems preferred. Strong interest in broadband access and a passion for closing the digital divide.
Duties Description *Applicants MUST submit a cover letter with resume to be considered.
*Position expected to work onsite and hybrid consistent with New York State.
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of ConnectALL’s Rural Broadband Program which awards grants primarily to reach unserved and underserved locations across the state. The primary funding source for this program is New York’s $664 million allocation from the federal Broadband Equity, Access and Deployment program.
• Under the guidance of executive leadership, implement the grant program, including development and maintenance of application materials and templates and be hands-on as grants are awarded, leading to project implementation and close-out.
• Assist grantees with the application and award processes
• Serve as the main point of contact for program applicants and partners, including middle-mile providers, municipalities, electric cooperatives, State authorities, and ISPs
• Design and manage reports on program implementation and drive toward successful outcomes
• Provide inputs to the program budget & develop tracking system
• Implement appropriate control processes for applications and throughout the entire grant life cycle
• Manage stakeholders’ communication
• Advise on and manage the resources provided to implement the program
• Manage risks and take corrective measures including informing executive leadership of issues
• Coordinate with internal ESD departments, including Loans and Grants, Legal, and Budget to administer grants throughout their life cycle
• Develop memorandums and manage grantee relationships with diplomacy
• Other duties as assigned
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY