OCP, 99 Washington Ave
Minimum Qualifications "Permanent Transfer Candidates: Current New York State employee with one or more years of permanent or contingent-permanent service as an Office Assistant 2, Grade 9, or one or more years of permanent or contingent-permanent service in a title at or above the Grade 7 level, and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional Promotion: Current NYS Department of Health employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive status in an office assistant, clerical, or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 6 or higher. Qualifying titles are available at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/38687titles.cfm."
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Should work well independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels of staff
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and WebEx
Duties Description The Bureau of Division Support is responsible for managing all administrative functions in the Division related to human resources and logistics. Staff in this unit work with Division management to identify staffing needs and initiate and complete recruitments. This unit acts as a liaison to Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP), Division of Administration, Bureau of Program Support and DOH Personnel in personnel/human resource-related issues.
Specific duties and responsibilities for the Office Assistant 2 may include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and schedule a large volume of interviews in Outlook for both in-person and/or virtual WebEx meetings for Division recruitments. Serve as first point of contact for candidates.
• Issue interview confirmation emails to candidates.
• Monitor the Bureau’s recruitment BML. Handle inquiries or refer to appropriate staff.
• Review employment applications for accuracy and signature. Follow-up with candidates for any missing information.
• File applications and other documents in appropriate folders.
• Update recruitment tracking spreadsheets.
• Conduct reference checks.
• Answer Bureau’s main phone line and respond to inquiries or refer calls to appropriate staff.
• Manage Bureau calendars and schedule meetings for office staff.
• Update the Division phone directory.
• Distribute incoming mail to appropriate staff.
• Coordinate supply orders and track inventory.
• Assemble and distribute supplies to new Division employees.
• Maintain Bureau’s Visitors Log
• Perform special projects and other duties in support of office operations.
Additional Comments For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference RS/OA2/90833 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, RS/OA2/90833, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.