500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
• In title Office Assistant 3 (Calculations).
• Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent competitive status in a title deemed comparable by the department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 salary grades of Grade 14).
Duties Description * Telecommuting to be discussed at interview.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an employee of the Acumatica Unit, the person in this position would have the following duties and responsibilities, at this point in time:
DUTIES (include but are not limited to):
1. Supervise subordinate OA1s and OA2s in the completion of their job duties
2. Monitor and distribute work received either in the incoming group mailbox, via fax, or mail
3. Filing/copying/general clerical duties
4. Enter Debit Card transfer requests in Acumatica
5. Notify homes of Debit Card activations
6. Respond to Debit Card inquiries from homes
7. Monitor Acumatica for approved Personal Allowance Requests
8. Provide User Support for Acumatica transactions at homes
9. Maintain and monitor Aging and Follow-Ups for:
a. Debit Card balances over $150.
b. Other aged encumbrances
10. Assist in or be responsible for monthly process related to download and posting of individual’s benefits
11. Responsible for the processing of monthly Family Care billing payments
12. Adjust\Review\Reconcile automated Debit Card replenishment transactions
13. Responsible for the processing of monthly Roll Bill payments
14. Send notification emails to house staff, regarding completed Debit Card Transfers
15. Perform special assignments at the request of supervisory staff. Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets is beneficial.
16. Monitoring Individual moves requests and deaths in Acumatica, processing moves and following up with house staff transactions to complete the process.
17. Verifications of deposits.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail email@example.com if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Reasonable Accommodation Unit at (518) 486-7222 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements, and previously approved vacation/holiday time will be honored in the new assignment.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
500 Balltown Road
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
*Please reference EOA #23-1379 in all correspondence.