State St. and Washington Ave
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Required experience & education:
A Bachelor's degree and at least four years of progressively responsible experience in politics, government, and/or campaigns. The ideal candidate will also have some experience in supervision, as well as strong organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent written communication skills.
Duties Description The Manager of Briefing Operations will be based at the NYS Capitol and manage a team of Briefers located in Albany, New York City, and Buffalo. The Briefing team is responsible for preparing and finalizing the Governor’s daily briefing book.
Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the briefing team by supporting the Assistant Secretary of Executive Operations in delegating assignments and reviewing materials.
• Oversee preparation of the Governor’s daily briefing book by setting a daily book deadline, confirming appropriate tabs, communicating with relevant stakeholders and ensuring all necessary materials are printed and included in the book.
• Work with Executive Chamber staff to facilitate re-prints and updated materials.
• Ensure that there is adequate coverage in the New York City, Buffalo, and Albany offices to ensure that the book is printed and dropped daily and in a timely manner.
• Prepare and review briefing materials
• Support the maintenance of our resource library
Additional Comments Evening and weekend work will be required on a regular basis. In addition to potential travel around New York State, candidates will need to have access to regular, reliable transportation options in the course of performing their duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.