State Board for Medicine
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service as an Education Program Assistant 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in the following title: Education Credentials Specialist 1.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a temporary provisional appointment may be considered. For provisional appointment, candidates must be a current New York State Education Department employee AND have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service as an Education Program Assistant 1. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Education Program Assistant 2 when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment or a temporary provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Education Program Assistant 2 when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of work history will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. This position will require 10% state-wide travel.
This position leads to a maximum salary of $80,248 based on annual performance advances.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of the Professions (OP) is seeking candidates for an Education Program Assistant 2 position in the office of the Boards for Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, and the Committees for Athletic Trainers, Medical Physics, Perfusion and Pathologists’ Assistants. The incumbent of this position will perform a variety of activities in a team environment to provide support for a variety of functions connected to the licensure and regulation of the professions. Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Process applications for international medical students to perform clinical clerkships in New York State healthcare facilities;
• Administer the continuing education requirements for veterinary medicine, including sponsorship approval, provider applications, conditional registrations, and audits for veterinarians and veterinary technicians;
• Process requests by medical applicants for retake of the United States Medical Licensing Examinations and other professional examinations;
• Provide assistance with Board and Committee Meetings, and travel as needed;
• Process Board member initial applications/renewal applications;
• Process Acupuncture Certification;
• Answer questions relating to professional education, professional misconduct, obtaining a professional license, registration, or limited permit, and other profession-related inquiries, including questions related to the scope of practice of all professions overseen by the State Board Office;
• Complete other assignments as directed from the Executive Secretary; and
• Coordinate with Board office staff and other OP offices as necessary.
Additional Comments APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 12. 2023 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OP-1679/2358) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
New York State Education Department (NYSED) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. NYS Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity, prior conviction records, prior arrests, youthful offender adjudications, or sealed records.
Interested in a job with New York State, but don’t know where to start?
Visit these links for information on working for New York State:
Generous benefits of working for New York State, including, but not limited to, the following:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave in year one, increasing to 20+ days with additional years of service.
• Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA and eight (8) days paid sick leave annually for M/C.
• Annual professional leave and educational leave opportunities for eligible staff.
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can choose from a variety of affordable and generous health insurance programs.
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost.
• Enrollment in the New York State pension system which has earned the distinction of being one of the best-managed and best-funded plans in the nation OR Optional Retirement Defined Contribution Plan with 8% salary match (eligibility requirements apply).
• NYS Deferred Compensation and an exclusive 403(b) Optional Retirement Savings Plan.
• Paid Parental Leave for all employees and Paid Family Leave (M/C Only).
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
• Opportunities for telecommuting.
• Eligibility for various life insurance options.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 12. 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (OP-1679/2358) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.