Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of professional work experience. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in working in government, politics, and/or campaign work.
In addition, successful candidates will have the following skills:
· Adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs
· Proven ability to work in a highly fast paced environment
· Ideal candidates would have a strong interest or prior knowledge of NYS government
Duties Description Advance Assistants are responsible for site logistics and production for the Governor and the NYS Executive Chamber. Under the direction of the Director of Advance, the primary responsibilities and duties are as follows:
· Coordinate and implement logistics and strategic planning for events, press conferences, and issue-based summits and conferences.
· Perform advance site visits to scout potential locations for upcoming events.
· Provide briefings in real time on details of upcoming events and status of event implementation. Briefings include individual background research, and coordination with scheduling, press, speechwriting, intergovernmental, and policy teams.
· Staff the Governor at public events and meetings.
· Properly execute planned event while providing up-to-the-minute status updates to relevant staff.
Additional Comments Evening and weekend work will be required on a regular basis. In addition to frequent travel around New York State, candidates will need to have access to regular, reliable transportation options in the course of performing their duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.