Office of Facilities and Business Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Maintenance Supervisor 3.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the following titles: Maintenance Supervisor 2, Plant Superintendent A, Plant Utilities Engineer 3, Regional Park Maintenance Supervisor.
For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website. https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/title-search/index.cfm
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Facilities and Business Services is seeking candidates for a Maintenance Supervisor 3 position. Under the direction of the Director of Education Business Management Services, the incumbent of this position will direct the operation and maintenance of the Education Building and the Education Building Annex. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise and guide all trades employees to ensure all projects and work orders are completed in an efficient and timely manner;
• Establish schedules, with input from staff, for anticipated modifications to existing facilities;
• Work cooperatively and develop good relationships with members of all program areas to provide support for the Department’s mission;
• Conduct individual and group trainings in various technical aspects of running a large and complex facility;
• Ensure service maintenance agreements are procured per New York State financing laws and are in place to provide service of critical systems including the Fire Alarm System, the Sprinkler System, the HVAC System, the Turnstiles, and the Generator System;
• Provide initial review of contracts prior to bidding to ensure facility needs are addressed;
• Monitor and review construction and maintenance work for contract compliance;
• Develop annual budget items to be incorporated into the facility operations budget;
• Provide the Director of Education Business Management Services with an accurate listing of facility costs for contract items, costs for maintenance materials, and anticipated costs for scheduled and unscheduled overtime costs by maintenance staff; and
• Assist in the administration of building access programs and observe and enforce compliance with applicable codes, ordinances, and laws.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. This position may require occasional in-state travel. Fees associated with this process are at the Department’s expense. The work schedule for this position includes hours of Monday through Friday 7:30am-3:30pm.
This position leads to a maximum salary of $84,496 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 12, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-672/01624) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
New York State Education Department (NYSED) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. NYS Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity, prior conviction records, prior arrests, youthful offender adjudications, or sealed records.
Interested in a job with New York State, but don’t know where to start?
Visit these links for information on working for New York State:
Generous benefits of working for New York State, including, but not limited to, the following:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave in year one, increasing to 20+ days with additional years of service.
• Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA and eight (8) days paid sick leave annually for M/C.
• Annual professional leave and educational leave opportunities for eligible staff.
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can choose from a variety of affordable and generous health insurance programs.
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost.
• Enrollment in the New York State pension system which has earned the distinction of being one of the best-managed and best-funded plans in the nation OR Optional Retirement Defined Contribution Plan with 8% salary match (eligibility requirements apply).
• NYS Deferred Compensation and an exclusive 403(b) Optional Retirement Savings Plan.
• Paid Parental Leave for all employees and Paid Family Leave (M/C Only).
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
• Opportunities for telecommuting.
• Eligibility for various life insurance options.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 12, 2023 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-672/01624) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.