110 State Street
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for an Auditor 1 (Municipal), eligible under the 55 b/c program (see below), or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
For a 70.1 transfer to an Auditor 1 (Municipal), SG-18, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a SG-16 or above and have 24 credit hours in accounting and/or auditing.
70.1 Transfer to a trainee 2:
For a 70.1 transfer to the trainee 2, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 14 or above.
70.1 Transfer to a trainee 1:
For a 70.1 transfer to the trainee 1, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 12 or above.
Depending on qualifications, you may be required to serve a 1 or 2-year traineeship that leads to the full level grade 18 position.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For a 55 b/c appointment, you must:
• Possess the minimum qualifications for the selected title as established by the Department of Civil Service and listed on the most recent exam announcement:
http://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-722.cfm (Trainee level)*
http://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-777.cfm (Senior level)*
• Meet the applicable minimal mental and/or physical requirements for the job (with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary)
• Have a current Eligibility Letter from the NYS Department of Civil Service, www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/, and be able to provide it to the Human Resources Office upon request.
*If you are currently 55b/c eligible and possess a bachelor’s degree and have 24 credit hours in accounting and/or auditing, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Duties Description Development and Delivery of Training and Support
• Work cooperatively with Unit staff and other Division staff from regional offices, to prepare and review training materials using accounting and auditing knowledge to ensure training materials accurately reflect all current statutes, regulations, standards and applicable guidelines. This requires knowledge of accounting and auditing standards and regulations, Word, PowerPoint, and other tools to enhance presentations to be creative, interesting and as interactive as possible.
• Deliver training to local officials, in person or via webinar, as assigned on various accounting and auditing standards and recommended financial operation practices. This requires knowledge of the subject matter, strong presentation skills and knowledge of PowerPoint.
• Individually or as a member of a team, attend conference events to provide customer service and share accounting, auditing and financial knowledge and information to officials at the LGSA booth. These events are held in various locations around the state during the year.
• Maintain current knowledge of auditing, accounting and financial operational statutes, regulations, standards and applicable guidelines and work to ensure that Unit reference material is up to date as well.
• Represent the Unit on agency or division-wide teams or committees and perform other unit tasks as appropriate.
Training Event Coordination
• Organize and prepare materials for training events and notifications.
• Coordinate logistics for training events: track registrations and payment receipts, mail confirmation letters and packets, create and distribute completion certificates, work with host site coordinator to arrange logistics and refreshments.
• Assist with webinar coordination, logistics and notifications. Coordinate with other LGSA Units to ensure the information on the Academy for Local Government Officials website is updated and current.
• Assist in providing statistical analysis of data collected from training events, based on directions provided by manager. Assist with the development and analysis of participant satisfaction surveys using strong analytical skills.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal skills
• Good knowledge and use of technology
• Good organizational skills
• Team player
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Occasional work after 5:00 pm may be required.
• Scheduled travel is required. During specific times of the year, travel may be more significant than other times. Travel often requires overnight stays.
• Lifting, carrying and/or pulling training equipment weighing as much as 20 lbs will be required.
The Office of the New York State Comptroller (OSC) supports telecommuting where it is reasonable to do so based upon the agency’s mission and operational needs. Generally, employees new to OSC will be restricted from telecommuting for at least 8 calendar weeks. After the initial 8 calendar week restriction, if an employee’s duties and work performance are aligned with telecommuting they may be allowed to do so. Upon approval to telecommute, OSC employees may telecommute up to 5 days per pay period.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to email@example.com, no later than December 7, 2023. Reference Item #03888 -SAB in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Jennifer Haviland, firstname.lastname@example.org
When responding, please include the reference number from this section only. The StateJobsNY website Vacancy ID # should not be included.