45165 NYS Rt 12
Minimum Qualifications • Must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license.
• Able to perform medium to heavy physical labor in all weather conditions with a positive attitude.
• Good peer-to-peer communication skills and willingness to engage with the public.
• Preferred to have general knowledge of the natural environment or a willingness to learn:
o New York plant species, orienteering skills, Leave No Trace, or similar.
• Higher level positions require experience in at least one of the following:
o Carpentry / Chainsaw / Trail Work / Masonry / Tractors / Construction / Supervising
Duties Description The Thousand Islands Region has 28 State Parks and 6 Boat Launches across Eastern Lake Ontario, St. Lawrence River, and Lake Champlain. Trail Staff works closely together and under direction from Regional Trails Coordinator. Often work alongside Student Conservation Association interns to mitigate the degradation of trails and public lands by:
• Performing trail maintenance i.e. improving drainage, tread leveling, removing hazard trees, general upkeep.
• Constructing new trails, stone structures, small bridges, boardwalks, staircases, and signage.
• Operating and maintaining shared state vehicles, hand tools, power tools, some small equipment.
• Other duties as assigned i.e. educating visitors, removing invasive plants, organizing volunteers, gardening.
Additional Comments This position is Full Time, Seasonal, Flexible Start and End Date
Potential for Long-Term Pending Evaluation.
Work hours may vary: Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:30pm, or Tues-Fri 7:00am-5:30pm with occasional weekend work. Federal holidays off.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
45165 NYS Route 12
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates please email Maria.Cipullo@parks.ny.gov or apply in person at Keewaydin State Park with:
• Part 1 Application (at the link below)
• Short Interest Statement
It is the responsibility of each applicant to accurately describe their experience regarding minimum qualifications and agency operating needs for the position. Employment Applications are available at your local park office or online: