Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Non-Competitive: a bachelor’s degree in a human services field, and two years of experience as a professional advocate or service provider in rehabilitation, developmental disabilities, or mental health.
Substitution: a master’s degree in a human services field may substitute for one year of the general experience for all titles above. Four years of experience may also substitute for a bachelor’s degree for all titles above.
Duties Description •Serve as the liaison of the NYS Justice Center for vulnerable individuals who have been alleged to have been victims of abuse and neglect and their families;
• Advise and consult with the individual receiving services, parents and guardians with respect to any complaints or issues; review and answer questions with respect to specific complaints by consulting with responsible and appropriate staff; and perform other duties as assigned by the, Unit director;
• Provide information, resources and referrals at conferences, information sessions and presentations.
• Provide information regarding legal and investigative process and resources (service providers, treatment and education programs, legal assistance, and financial assistance).
• Respond to referrals, to provide information, referral and linkage to services and programs based on their need.
• Provide victims and their families with information regarding their rights and other relevant information related to abuse/neglect cases.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to promote the Agency’s mission.
• Provide emotional support and crisis intervention.
• Proficiency with electronic databases and entry of information.
• Attend quarterly staff meetings and other trainings as required at statewide regional offices.
• Assist with coverage in other regional offices as needed.
Additional Comments Established in 2013 by the Protection with Special Needs Act; The New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice Center) is charged with protecting over one million New Yorkers under the care or jurisdiction across six State Oversight Agencies. https://www.justicecenter.ny.gov/
NOTE ON FINGERPRINTING: Please be advised that should you accept a job offer with this agency, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay for the cost of the fingerprinting fee.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the Justice Center’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
161 Delaware Ave
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.