Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Communications, Public Administration, Urban/ Regional Planning, or other related field preferred.
Relevant experience required: 5+ years’ Economic Development or related field preferred.
Knowledge required: Knowledge of New York State and/or general issues relevant to economic development, public policy, and community development program and management. Strong demonstrated written and oral communications and presentation skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a MUST, in addition to excellent working knowledge of other Microsoft products including, Word, Power Point, Share Point and Dynamics. Ability to 'set up the problem', manage projects against tight timelines, and work well in teams. Enterprising and resourceful, organized and results oriented. Energetic, pro-active, collaborative, flexible and strategic.
Duties Description *Applicants MUST submit a cover letter with resume to be considered.
*Position expected to work onsite and hybrid consistent with New York State.
Support the Regional Director in all aspects of economic development activities.
• Provide and oversee all aspects of the Regional Office’s support for the Regional Economic Development Council (REDC) for the Region, including the coordination of Regional Council events, Consolidated Funding Application (CFA), Mid-Hudson Momentum Fund (MHMF) and any other related project funding and scoring processes, management of REDC members, committees, workgroups and other stakeholder engagement, events and preparation of REDC website, reports, meeting materials and notices
• Maintain familiarity with regional/industrial economic problems and other economic factors necessary in recommending solutions in accordance with ESD guidelines and the State’s business climate
• Work with other ESD staff, NYS, regional and local agencies and community economic development specialists and organizations in coordinating the preparation and dissemination of information for economic development
• Build and maintain working relationships with such entities as business councils and associations, chambers of commerce and local development corporations
• Structure incentive packages for the retention or attraction of business operations. Manage relationships with current and former recipients of ESD assistance to facilitate problem-solving and ensure understanding of and compliance with program objectives and the obligations of ESD assistance
• Provide significant role in evaluating applications for ESD assistance, prepare incentive packages and project funding recommendations to the ESD Directors and guide projects through the public approval process
• Work with business prospects considering new locations or expansion in NYS, including accompanying local developers and prospects on inspection of properties
• Represent ESD at announcement events, workshops, ceremonies, seminars, conferences, and training programs, as appropriate
• Schedule and work location to be flexible based on business needs
• Maintain ESD’s Project Management software (Microsoft Dynamics) entries for all projects and assist the Regional Director in tracking and reporting of project progress and economic impact
• Special projects as assigned by the Regional Director
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY