Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience professional administrative management. College study may substitute for up to 4 years of the required experience, and a relevant Master’s degree may be substituted for one additional year of experience.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Director of Financial Administration, assists with administrative activities, financial operations, and budgeting of the Executive Chamber (Governor and Lt. Governor’s Office).
• Handle agency fiscal operations including:
o Update budget projections for two agencies.
o Expenditure monitoring.
o Complete budget transactions as necessary (Budget transfers and journal vouchers).
o Budget reporting to Director.
• Liaison between the Executive Chamber, DOB, and OGS Business Services center for the following:
o Creation of B-1184s in ASCA.
o Review and recommend action regarding expense requests.
o Requests for information.
o State procurement process.
o Procurement card reconciliation.
• Assist with management of Executive Chamber staff travel, including:
o Communicate travel policies and educate staff.
o Assist Director with travel policy updates and changes to State travel card program.
o Coordinate and assist in travel arrangements for complex events, such as Governor’s out-of-state travel.
o Respond to audits by OSC and requests for information.
• Create yearly M/WBE and SDVOB utilization goal plans in accordance with Governor’s directives to be reviewed by Director of Financial Administration. Monitors reporting requirements and responds to questions and directives from Empire State Development.
• Assist with office services including:
o Vehicle fleet, WEX card, and EZ Pass account management.
o NYS Placard Program.
o Approval of office supplies purchases.
o Inventory and manage office furniture and equipment.
o Space planning and allocation to include identifying usable space outside the Capitol and Empire State Plaza.
o Effectuate physical office moves.
o Manage vendor and interagency accounts for phones, printers, screening equipment, cable and internet, and other miscellaneous services.
o Key control.
o Surplus actions for furniture, equipment, and vehicles.
• Coordinate with OGS Building Managers (Capitol and Agency Building 4) on all issues related to the Executive Chamber, such as maintenance, visitor tours, curatorial services, and Tenant Alteration Requests (TARs).
• Work with State agencies and authorities on any issue wherein the Executive Chamber, as an agency, is involved.
• General troubleshooting, logistical resolution, and other duties as required or directed by the Director of Financial Administration.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.