110 State Street
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title, eligible under the 55 b/c program (see below), or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
For a 70.1 transfer to this title, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
For a 52.6 transfer to this title, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For a 55 b/c appointment, you must:
• Possess the minimum qualifications for the selected title as established by the Department of Civil Service and listed on the most recent exam announcement. (Information Technology Specialist 1 & 2 » Department of Civil Service (ny.gov))
• Meet the applicable minimal mental and/or physical requirements for the job (with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary)
• Have a current Eligibility Letter from the NYS Department of Civil Service, www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/, and be able to provide it to the Human Resources Office upon request.
Duties Description • Develop Robotic Processes Automation (RPA) programs to replace manual tasks and streamline business functions.
• Write code that adheres to the established organizational coding standards, ensuring usability and scalability of applications.
• Follow RPA industry best practices and help establish a Center of Excellence (CoE) for RPA at the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC).
• Collaborate with business units to ensure successful integration of new systems with existing data sources.
• Develop and assist business users with developing system test plans as needed.
• Conduct unit testing and debugging in the development environment.
• Prepare documentation associated with implementation of new applications, programs, and automations.
• Utilize IT Change Management systems and processes for Systems Development Life Cycle and application change management.
• Perform quality assurance checks and post implementation reviews.
• Communicate regularly with other team members, Chief Information Office (CIO) management and other impacted stakeholders.
• Create and maintain system and process documentation, ensuring it is up-to-date and accurate.
• Support user testing by collaborating on the user test plans, ensuring all pertinent test conditions are accurate and complete, and providing necessary test data.
• Prepare documentation to migrate application changes into development, test, and production environments.
• Assist with establishing the operating and governance models for RPA at OSC.
• Participate in fit-gap analysis sessions.
• Collaborate with project team members and business units to develop and document new system requirements.
• Analyze requirements to assess feasibility, impact, and/or implications.
• Assist in determining/mitigating risks.
• Prepare estimates of effort when necessary.
• Ensure application and RPA designs are scalable and meet business requirements.
• Assist management and project teams in assessing options and selecting the best technical approach.
• Review detailed designs for system and program requirements, including the functional specifications that define the business rules, input, processing, and output details pertinent to the system’s operations.
• Participate in ideation sessions to evaluate automation ideas, review process documents and evaluate feasibility.
• Conduct research on the resolution of issues, development techniques, and best practices.
• Provide an estimate of effort to prioritize automation candidates within the RPA pipeline.
• Determine what tasks are required to complete assignments and baseline their estimated completion dates.
• Communicate with management and colleagues to confirm scope, relevance, and priorities of work.
• Participate in project planning activities, ensuring all aspects of programming and testing are accounted for.
• Inform management and all affected parties about potential or existing issues that may impact schedules and/or deliverables as soon as those issues arise.
• Adjust priorities to ensure estimated completion dates are attained, and established deadlines are met, when necessary.
• Apprise management and other stakeholders of deviations from originally agreed upon priorities, deadlines, or scope in a timely manner.
• Utilize ServiceNow for change and incident management.
• Research and reference ServiceNow Knowledge Base articles.
• Develop and support the adherence to all quality assurance goals and standards.
• Collaborate with other units to address technical and functional issues and identify roadblocks.
• Keep management and stakeholders fully informed on the status of issues, their impact on the project schedule and the progress of mitigation efforts.
• Escalate issues to management as necessary.
• Provide off-hours support, as needed.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience in Structured Programming (any language) (3 months to less than 1 year).
• Demonstrated experience in Object Oriented Programming (any Language) (3 months to less than 1 year).
• Demonstrated experience in Business Analysis (3 months to less than 1 year).
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate written materials including business requirements and specifications.
• Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
The Office of the New York State Comptroller (OSC) supports telecommuting where it is reasonable to do so based upon the agency’s mission and operational needs. Generally, employees new to OSC will be restricted from telecommuting for at least 8 calendar weeks. After the initial 8 calendar week restriction, if an employee’s duties and work performance are aligned with telecommuting they may be allowed to do so. Upon approval to telecommute, OSC employees may telecommute up to 5 days per pay period.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to email@example.com, no later than December 8, 2023. Reference Item #00733-OER-EMZ in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Jamie Bess, CIO_HR@osc.ny.gov
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The State Jobs Vacancy ID # should not be included.