110 State Street
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title, eligible under the 55 b/c program (see below), or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
For a 70.1 transfer to this title, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
For a 52.6 transfer to this title, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For a 55 b/c appointment, you must:
• Possess the minimum qualifications for the selected title as established by the Department of Civil Service and listed on the most recent exam announcement. (Information Technology Specialist 1 & 2 » Department of Civil Service (ny.gov))
• Meet the applicable minimal mental and/or physical requirements for the job (with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary)
• Have a current Eligibility Letter from the NYS Department of Civil Service, www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/, and be able to provide it to the Human Resources Office upon request.
Duties Description • Receive and pick up computer equipment from employee separations, transfers, personal computer (PC) rollout returns, and customer requests.
• Update tracking systems when items are received.
• Wipe or remove computer hard drives to eliminate sensitive data.
• Reconcile software entitlements for PC equipment that have been wiped.
• Palletize and prepare computer equipment for shipping.
• Coordinate with Office of the State Comptroller (OSC)’s Management Services Team to facilitate the transfer of equipment for surplus or recycling.
• Update database and records as needed to maintain inventory accuracy.
• Prepare various reports related, but not limited to, computer inventory, material received and distributed, and quantity and quality of materials ordered.
• Perform data validation to ensure database records align with equipment in storerooms.
• Load, unload, and physically handle all computer related equipment and supplies. This may require the operation of a pallet jack and warehouse equipment.
• Perform both ad hoc and scheduled physical inventories to validate Asset Management database records.
• Maintain appropriate level of communication with agency management, coworkers, customers, vendors, consultants, manufactures, shippers, and other interested parties to accomplish tasks and resolve issues.
• Maintain clean, organized, and safe workspaces in the Asset Management rooms.
• Order new and replacement wireless devices.
• Manage wireless devices using the T-Mobile website. This includes activation, suspension, deactivation, and assignment changes.
• Coordinate with the Service Desk and remote site support staff to configure and deploy wireless devices and determine if existing devices need to be replaced.
• Ship wireless devices to satellite offices when required.
• Coordinate with Information Technology (IT) Coordinators to recover wireless devices when a user has separated or changed positions.
• Run data validation reports for wireless devices to ensure user information is accurate, including, but not limited to, the division, bureau, cost center, and data plan.
• Run monthly reports for executive management.
• Assign, update, and resolve ServiceNow tickets.
• Assist with the assignment of PC equipment and provide to technical staff when requested.
• Assist with the maintenance of accurate hardware inventory records and continuously perform data validation to ensure accuracy.
• Scan all computer equipment and import the data into ServiceNow.
• Perform validations of imported ServiceNow data to ensure records are complete and accurate.
• Work directly with internal customers and CIO staff to determine computer equipment and peripheral requirements, and to ensure compatibility with OSC’s environment.
• Perform continuous review of asset records to update user assignments, software assignments, and asset statuses, while working with other Asset Management staff to complete tasks.
• Generate reports for software installations using discovery tools to reconcile installations verses license counts, identify unsupported versions, and to fulfill customer requests.
• Assist with the purchase of new IT hardware, software, and software maintenance while adhering to New York State Finance Law and following procurement guidelines set forth by OSC’s Division of Finance and Administration.
• Create and maintain documentation for the procurement and administration of software licenses.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated experience with computer hardware troubleshooting and repair (1 year to 2 years).
• Demonstrated experience in Asset Management (3 months to less than one year).
• Demonstrated experience with Technical Writing (3 months to less than one year).
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Outlook.
• Demonstrated experience with databases.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
• Demonstrated experience using Office 365 email, messaging, and schedule management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Required to lift IT assets up to 40 pounds.
• Excellent organizational skills.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to email@example.com, no later than December 8, 2023. Reference Item #03042-OER-EMZ in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Jamie Bess, CIO_HR@osc.ny.gov
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The State Jobs Vacancy ID # should not be included.