110 State Street
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 70.1 and/or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
For a 70.1 transfer to this title, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 23 or above.
For a 52.6 transfer to this title, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 23 or above.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
Duties Description • Collaborate with Manager of Payroll Applications and other technical and functional team leads to develop work-plans, evaluate resource availability, and determine priorities for work assignments undertaken by the team.
• Assign work to team members and monitor their progress. Work with team to develop time frames around critical dates to ensure timely completion of assignments.
• Develop progress reports for management and customers.
• Report progress and/or issues in a timely manner to ensure assignments are completed on time.
• Provide guidance to team members regarding policies, procedures, time management, and other reporting.
• Deliver timely evaluations and development plans for staff, encouraging high professional and ethical standards.
• Manage personnel issues for direct reports.
• Keep current on Oracle PeopleSoft technology and mentor team members in current and new technologies.
• Encourage professional development for team members and develop training plans that will enhance the team’s ability to deliver solutions.
• Collaborate with business teams to gather and refine business requirements.
• Analyze functional requirements and develop technical requirements and specifications.
• Investigate ways to apply delivered PeopleSoft technology as a solution to business problems, providing associated benefits and risks of the approach.
• Analyze the best approach for implementing customizations.
• Assist team members in creation of design documents and other related system documentation.
• Review and approve final technical designs.
• Code new programs and modules and make changes to existing programs and modules.
• Assist team members with development tasks.
• Enforce Oracle PeopleSoft application coding standards are followed and validate code against those standards.
• Perform program testing/tuning and assist others as needed.
• Ensure a test plan and test conditions are created, including regression conditions, and that all conditions have been successfully tested.
• Help staff troubleshoot production issues and provide on-call support when needed.
• Conduct technical walkthroughs and code reviews of proposed system changes.
• Manage and monitor user acceptance testing of all code changes in a test environment, ensuring resolution of any defects.
• Assist staff with implementing new features and resolving technical issues.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience with PeopleCode (More than 2 years to 5 years).
• Demonstrated experience with Supervision.
• Demonstrated experience with Oracle SQL (i.e.: writing/tuning SQL, modifying tables, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience in PeopleSoft SQR.
• Demonstrated experience in MicroFocus COBOL.
• Demonstrated experience in business programming relating to payroll.
• Demonstrated experience with programming tools/IDEs (i.e.: Eclipse, Ultra Editor, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with database management tools (i.e.: TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Application Engine, Integration Broker, and Portal.
• Proficient at communicating with technical staff and customers alike.
• Strong analytical thinker with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience in handling high pressure situations, including the ability to work under tight deadlines, troubleshoot production issues (both during shift and on call), and able to shift priorities with minimal guidance.
The Office of the New York State Comptroller (OSC) supports telecommuting where it is reasonable to do so based upon the agency’s mission and operational needs. Generally, employees new to OSC will be restricted from telecommuting for at least 8 calendar weeks. After the initial 8 calendar week restriction, if an employee’s duties and work performance are aligned with telecommuting they may be allowed to do so. Upon approval to telecommute, OSC employees may telecommute for up to 5 days per pay period.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to email@example.com, no later than December 8, 2023. Reference Item #00443-EMZ in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Elizabeth Gifford, CIO_HR@osc.ny.gov
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The StateJobsNY Vacancy ID # should not be included.