1213 Court Street
Minimum Qualifications Current permanent status as a Licensed Master Social Worker 2 and qualified for lateral transfer ~OR~ Eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law ~OR~ Qualify for provisional appointment as described below. Note: Candidate must possess experience treating patients with co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders.
To qualify for provisional appointment, candidate must either:
Either A. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) AND have one year of post NYS licensure professional social work experience; *
Or B. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
Candidates appointed provisionally must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed.
** Professional social work experience involves activities such as screening, assessing and diagnosing individuals' and families' psychosocial needs, strengths and limitations; participating in the development of treatment plans and discharge plans; counseling and educating individuals, groups and families to promote mental, emotional, physical and social functioning; helping access needed services; providing client/patient advocacy and crisis intervention; and developing, coordinating and evaluating services and support systems. Experience limited to social work research or social work administration is NOT considered qualifying.
Appointment status will be discussed in more detail at a later point in the recruitment process with candidates who are under serious consideration. Candidates may potentially be appointed on a non-competitive basis via the Hiring for Emergency Limited Placement (HELP) program. If applicable, additional information about the HELP program will also be provided.
NOTE: Candidate(s) must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Mandatory overtime (MOT) is a requirement of this position. Chosen candidate(s) will be added to the mandatory overtime roster, which is utilized on a rotating basis. The MOT is applied during times of emergency, after the agency has made a good faith effort to have overtime covered and all other staffing options have been exhausted (volunteers, hourly staff, contracted staff). Our Addiction Treatment Centers (ATCs) operate 24/7/365 programing. Therefore, MOT IS an essential function of this position and is critical to maintaining adequate staffing at all times in order to ensure the health and safety of clients within the facility.
Duties Description DUTIES
The Licensed Master Social Worker 2 will serve as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team. The incumbent will function as a case manager and may be responsible for providing supervision to others. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Assess individual and family needs, strengths, and limitations;
• Provide individual, group and family therapy, as well as crisis intervention;
• Record significant psychosocial events and/or changes in clinical condition;
• Determine the individual(s) need for referral to community-based services (treatment, residential, education, social, vocational, and/or public entitlement) and provide recommendations for referrals and consultations;
• Serve as a resource to other team members regarding social adjustment, discharge service needs, and the effective utilization of community services;
• Educate individual and family about the nature of the disorder/illness and available resources and how to access them;
• May oversee the therapeutic interventions of individuals assigned to their treatment team;
• May provide clinical consultation and assistance to members of the professional staff and members of the treatment team, under the clinical supervision of a licensed clinical social worker, licensed psychologist or psychiatrist.
• Prepare reports and maintain medical and other case records including progress notes, observations, recommendations and discharge plans;
• Attend treatment team meetings and actively present clinical information and observations to staff in other disciplines;
• Coordinate the care and treatment planning of one or more individuals served by the treatment team;
• Serve as Building supervisor;
• Participate actively in the Management/Leadership Committee and other committees or work groups;
• Other job related duties as assigned.
Additional Comments OASAS Addiction Treatment Centers (ATCs) are Tobacco Free Facilities.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice .
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested, please email your resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to include Reference Code BG/LMSW2/24451/McPike. Failure to include this code could result in your application not being processed.
If you are a current or former NYS employee please provide your Social Security # for verification of eligibility.