Minimum Qualifications Current NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2 and interested in reassignment;
Current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position at SG-7 or above and eligible for transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about reassignment and transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services Human Resources for your transfer options.
Duties Description Duties included, but not limited to:
• Assist in the registration of prospective students for State Preparedness Training Center (SPTC) courses.
• Maintain detailed training records of students who attend training at the SPTC.
• Ensure pre-requisites are met prior to enrolling students.
• Send appropriate correspondence to prospective students regarding enrollment status.
• Assist with check in and ID confirmation of students upon arrival to the SPTC.
• Assist other office staff members with their duties and fulfill their duties in their absence.
• Answering a multiple system phone line; taking messages, transferring/announcing calls to the appropriate receiver.
• Respond to email inquiries from customers with little to no direction.
• Maintain files, correspondence, documents, records, and materials.
• Perform routine office support activities (i.e.: scanning, photocopying).
• Maintain accurate records of meeting discussions and organize them for distribution as needed.
• Track and maintain various records and/or reports using various agency systems such as SLMS and Acadis LMS.
• Create course offerings, student profiles in LMS and course completions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook as well as other software applications adopted for use by DHSES.
• Maintain efficient organizational and technical skills while scheduling and performing work assignments.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required, or otherwise demonstrate their capacity to meet the transportation needs of the job.
• Perform other duties and special projects as required.
Additional Comments NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1220 Washington Ave., Building 7A