Minimum Qualifications 70.1 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS:
One year of permanent, contingent permanent, or 55 B/C service allocated to a Grade 7 or higher eligible for transfer and determined to be similar by Civil Service.
Based on the results of the canvass of the current eligible list for the Office Assistant 2 the Department may elect to make a provisional appointment to this position rather than a permanent appointment. If a provisional appointment is made, the appointed candidate will be required to compete in the next holding of the Office Assistant 2 exam and be reachable for appointment from the newly established eligible list.
The minimum qualifications for Provisional appointment are:
One year of permanent, contingent permanent, or 55 B/C service as an office assistant, clerical, or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 6 or higher.
55 B/C QUALIFICATIONS:
Current permanent non-competitive state employees certified eligible for the 55 B/C program under the Governor's Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55 B/C of the Civil Service Law will also be considered. To be considered, you must provide a copy of your letter of eligibility with your response.
Duties Description The Office Assistant 2, Albany duties in Division of Consumer Protection will include but are not limited to the following:
• Data and Document Organization
• Design clerical processing procedures to maintain unit records.
• Gather, compile, and prepare data from manual or automated files and other sources for various reports, publications, records, or other external/internal communications.
• Respond to questions concerning the operation of the unit.
• Write responses to correspondence.
• Resolve work problems.
• Coordinate arrangements for meetings, courses, and other gatherings, arrange for rooms, take attendance, ensure that appropriate materials and equipment are available, and complete Unit travel reimbursements within the Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Investigation Unit Support
• Maintaining proficiency in new and existing investigative tools and technology used in the Unit.
• Completing annual Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Sentinel training.
• Participating in Unit development meetings and LEAN exercises.
Additional Comments The Department of State is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability status, arrest record or criminal conviction history, or any other category protected by law.
We are happy to provide reasonable and religious accommodations during the hiring process for those in need. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send a request to HRM.Recruitment@dos.ny.gov.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: The Department of State employees may be approved for a maximum of 50% telecommuting, however, they are required to apply and obtain approval through management in accordance with The Department of State Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf you are interested and meet the minimum qualifications above, email your cover letter, resume, and New York State Part 1 Application (https://dos.ny.gov/employment-opportunities) to HRM.Recruitment@dos.ny.gov. Please include Title, Location and Vacancy ID # you are applying for in the subject line of your email.