875 Central Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Current NYS Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive status as a Health Program Administrator 1 (G23) OR a NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title at or above a (G21) and deemed eligible for transfer to Health Program Administrator 1 (G23) under Section 70.1 or Section 52.6 of the NYS Civil Service Law.
Preferred Qualifications: -Three years of experience in establishing and managing contracts and working with contractors.
-Strong organizational, time management, decision-making, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and skilled in communicating and working effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
-Excellent writing and editing skills.
-Clinical heath care background, preferably in organ donation and transplantation.
Duties Description The position is one of a Contract Manager in the Bureau of Organ Donation and Transplantation, Division of Hospital and Diagnostic and Treatment Centers. The duties include:
• Facilitation and oversight of the establishment and implementation of the NYS Donate Life Registry Service Contract and Organ Donation and Transplant related Grant Contracts including as applicable:
1. Responsibility for the development of RFPs, associated tools and publications and review and evaluation of proposals and bids received;
2. Responsibility for the establishment of contract(s), amendments, and extensions consistent with requirements of State Contracting requirements;
3. Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to the: Fiscal Management Group, Bureau of Contracts, Bureau of Budget Management, Bureau of Accounts Management, OPCHSM Administrative Services Management Group, Division of Legal Affairs, Office of Information Technology Services, bidders, contractors, sources of Registry enrollments, and others as needed;
4. Working within SFS and other contracting and reimbursement related applications as needed.
5. Reviewing, monitoring, facilitating and ensuring accomplishment of contract deliverables including but not limited to adherence to approved workplan(s), quality assurance and performance improvement plans, budget(s) and contractor reporting;
6. Assisting in development and implementation of MOU(s) and data use agreements with state and other agencies and other activities related to implementation of new Registry enrollment sources;
7. Evaluation and utilization of Registry related data to ensure quality assurance and performance improvement of Registry functions and provide feedback to Contractor(s) as needed;
8. Carrying out activities required to ensure funding is available for reimbursement of Contractors; reviewing voucher and assuring payment of vouchers in a timely fashion.
• Other duties as assigned in support of the Organ Donation and Transplantation Bureau.
Additional Comments We offer a work-life balance and a generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Pension from New York State Employees’ Retirement System
• Shift & Geographic pay differentials
• Affordable Health Care options
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• NYS Deferred Compensation plan
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, and U.S. Savings Bonds
• And many more...
For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference LD/HPA1/46087 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, LD/HPA1/46087, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.