Minimum Qualifications Four years of experience involved with the scheduling of events in a hotel, conference facility, or entertainment venue which hosts at least 250 use days annually. Experience required includes scheduling multi-event facility usage, coordinating equipment and support services, and direct public contact.
• A bachelor’s degree substitutes for three years.
• An associate degree for two years.
• Experience in public relations, development, marketing, special events, and/or sales.
• Demonstrated networking skills and ability to build long-term relationships. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge and professional contacts within the local business, education, government, and healthcare community.
• Motivated and persistent sales leader with a commitment to superior customer service.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-tasking office environment.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Experience writing persuasive, articulate copy for sales, promotions, and social media. Experience with digital communications and/or graphic design preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of event sponsorship industry and trends. Experience with event logistics and planning a plus.
Duties Description • Develop custom sales and marketing proposals designed to generate sponsorship, revenue, and partnerships for expanding event programs and space rentals at OGS managed facilities including the Empire State Plaza, Convention Center, and Adam Clayton Powell State Office Building in Harlem.
• Focus on both client retention efforts and new business development including but not limited to using outside sales calls, on-site visits, networking events, and email marketing.
• Activate sponsorship campaigns and event logistics including but not limited to hospitality services, security, parking arrangements, and deliveries.
• Assist with administrative and financial tasks as related to sponsorship accounts: prepare letters, contracts, and invoices for appropriate signatures as needed.
• Maintain the sponsorship database: enter and update information as directed. Develop and distribute post-event sponsorship reports.
• Research marketing opportunities. Assist with implementing plans and meeting deadlines with diverse media sources.
• Assist in the production of marketing materials. Assist in the collection and maintenance of season sponsor logos, performer photos, bios, and videos.
• Assist in the preparation of social media posts and e-communications for review and approval.
• Perform specific tasks required for the planning and execution of the Summer at the Plaza Series, Winter at the Plaza events and Summer Stage in Harlem.
• Perform other duties, operational supports tasks, and special projects as required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings, weekends, and holidays. Mandatory overtime is required.
• Travel may be required (approximately 5%), including during evening and weekends, depending on mission and assignment.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required, or otherwise demonstrate the capacity to meet the transportation needs of the job.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza