38 Firemen's Way
Minimum Qualifications Eligible List: Candidates must be reachable for appointment on Current Civil Service Eligible List for this title.
Transfer: Candidates must have permanent competitive status in the posted title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Social Work Assistant 3 to be eligible for lateral transfer.
Provisional: Candidates must have taken and passed, the NYS Civil Service examination for this title given on October 20, 2023.
Candidates MUST meet the criteria for Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP). Requirements are as follows:
• At least one year of experience working directly with persons with intellectual disabilities or
other developmental disabilities.
• Is either a registered
nurse, or a human services professional possessing at least a bachelor’s degree in a
human services field, including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation,
counseling or psychology.
Duties Description The Social Work Assistant 3 is responsible for completing the OPWDD approved, functional needs assessments in-person and via telehealth video, to include observation, interviews, and documentation review. Assessment personnel will gather necessary information to complete assessments according to training, policy, and protocols.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Fulfill training and certification requirements prior to the utilization of the assessment tool and on an ongoing basis.
• Attend ongoing assessment trainings as required and complete all OPWDD mandated training in a timely manner.
• Communicate effectively with and interview a wide range of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, as well as with other stakeholders.
• Integrate information from various sources
• Maintain mandated timeframes for the completion of assessments
• Complete all required documentation accurately utilizing the technology provided.
• Travel to and from in-person assessments within assigned region including overnight stays at hotels as needed. Travel for training outside assigned region may be required as well.
• Utilize flexible scheduling, including some evening and weekend hours as required.
• Manage multiple priorities effectively, including prioritizing work plans and work assignments, maintaining up to date case notes, and meeting deadlines.
• Attain set productivity standards, or an average number of completed assessments
Additional Comments • Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Reasonable Accommodation Unit at (518) 486-7222 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
25 Center Circle
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy number and position title on this announcement on your resume.