Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have one year of permanent status as a Business Systems Analyst 2 and be eligible for lateral transfer OR be eligible for transfer via Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill a Business Systems Analyst 2 / Grade 23, position in the Office of Financial Management, Consolidated Business Office. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide systems and technical support for various units, including assisting with SFS, PayServ, BSC, Payroll Online, SLMS, Shared Folders, Shared Mailboxes, desktop softward and hardware, troubleshooting, and office machine maintenance
• Create and maintain the CBO’s public space (HUB, SharePoint, Teams, OneNote)
Ensure the availability of current information for CBO, Program & Facility staff
• Develop and/or maintain computer programs (i.e. Access, Excel) as well as
various form shells utilized by management and/or staff
• Collect, review and, analyze statistics and data for deficiencies and improvement opportunities, and provide assistance to correct the problems and improve the processes
• Assist in ensuring compliance with administrative and programmatic requirements
for OMH Facilities/Central Office
• Supervise and monitor staff performance to ensure assignments are completed to
the best of their abilities. Ensure staff adhere to time and attendance guidelines
• Identify trends, resolve problems independently and inform management of any problems or potential problems with the work or staff, being prepared to recommend solutions to these problems if they cannot be resolved by you
• Creating, maintaining and testing standard operating procedures
• Miscellaneous assignments/duties as required and/or as they occur
Additional Comments The Consolidated Business Office is conveniently located in independent offices on the grounds of the Capital District PC at 75 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, New York. Guaranteed covered parking with exclusive employee entrance to office areas is available for $5/month.
Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #144819 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.