Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Five years of experience in Information Technology. At least two years of experience must be in one or more of the following areas:
• Java development experience
• e-MPIRE framework
• Application Development
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
· Associate’s degree and four years of experience
· Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
· Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
· Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of experience
· Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
· Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years of experience
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4, SG-25, within the Chief Technology Office, Business Application Services, DTF Modernization, the Project Coordinator, SG-NS, will provide leadership for new projects and support for maintenance activities. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide lead programming for tax related applications. This includes maintenance activities as well as new development.
• Develop and review detailed documentation for system and program change requirements. This includes the functional specifications that define the business rules and the input, processing, and output details pertinent to the system's operations and report programs.
• Analyze requested enhancements and determine an impact analysis on the system.
• Assist and provide guidance through all phases of the project management life cycle.
• Develop unit test plans based on coding changes and user specifications. Conduct unit testing and debugging of all code changes in the development environment.
• Coordinate the migration of all code changes (programs, procedures, etc.) from development environment into user test environment.
• Assist team members using distributed technologies including Java, DB2, XML and XQuery. Ensure that staff members are properly trained and mentored.
• Provide support, as needed, for incident and issue resolution. Ensure that incidents and defects are addressed promptly based on priority.
• Facilitate and participate in meetings with ITS and DTF customers.
• Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with DTF management and users, ITS management, and team members.
• Perform all supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
Background check and fingerprinting are required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Jasmina Gordon, no later than December 8, 2023, and indicate that you are applying for Framework Project Coordinator Ref #5495. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.