or other locations statewide
Minimum Qualifications Either 1. a bachelor's or higher-level degree including or supplemented by 15 semester credit hours in computer science;
Or 2. a bachelor's or higher-level degree in any field AND one year of experience in information technology;
Or 3. 60 semester credit hours including or supplemented by 15 semester credit hours in computer science AND one year of experience in information technology;
Or 4. two years of experience in information technology.
Duties Description Under the general direction of an Information Technology Specialist 3, SG-23, the Information Technology Specialist 2/Zone Technician, SG-18, will function as general desktop support staff within the Chief Technology Office, Workplace Services Bureau, Statewide Field Services Section, within the NYS Office of IT Services (ITS). This position will be assigned to a variety of locations in support of ITS’s client agencies, and may require lifting equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, intermittent travel, and some overtime.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review and respond to IT Service Management (ITSM) system incident and request tickets within designated assignment group.
• Receive and professionally and courteously address desktop support calls transferred by the Service Desk.
• Monitor ITSM work queues to ensure timely and effective resolution/fulfillment of client requests.
• Collaborate with counterparts within other regional areas as work load dictates.
• Install, load, and configure software and applications.
• Troubleshoot and provide technical assistance to clients.
• Obtain base knowledge in the core products used by supported clients.
• Document diagnostic steps taken to troubleshoot/resolve client issues.
• Work with other ITS groups to resolve computer-related issues.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot Multi-function Printers and Network printers.
• Work with vendor support to resolve technical problems with agency IT equipment.
• Train and orient users on hardware and software where appropriate.
Additional Comments NYS is an equal opportunity employer.
We are also recruiting for this role in NYC.
Some positions may require fingerprinting and background checks.
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• Up to 50% telecommuting
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building, Core 4, Floor 1
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter and indicate that you are applying for Information Technology Specialist 2, Ref. #6323, and include the Vacancy ID of this posting in your subject line. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.