110 State Street
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title, eligible under the 55 b/c program, or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
For 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 transfer to a(n) Information Technology Specialist 2, salary grade (SG)-18, you must have one year of permanent competitive, or 55-b/55-c service in an approved title for transfer allocated to an SG-16 or above.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For more information on this program, please visit the NYS Department of Civil Service website, 55b/c Recruitment Resources Center (ny.gov)
Duties Description • Geographic Analysis and Visualization
o Develop spatial analyses, maps, and other visualizations using data with geographic reference information.
o Assist with formatting data, utilizing appropriate geoprocessing functions, documenting methodologies, developing/designing final products, and performing quality assurance.
o Interface with audit teams to explore, vet, guide and fulfill project requests.
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Protocols
o Contribute to internal guidelines, standards, and procedures.
o Assist in the creation and maintenance of reference documentation.
• Professional Development
o Attend conferences and other professional development activities.
o Prepare and present information internally and for external engagements.
Additional Comments Telecommuting:
The Office of the New York State Comptroller (OSC) supports telecommuting where it is reasonable to do so based upon the agency’s mission and operational needs. Generally, employees new to OSC will be restricted from telecommuting for at least 8 calendar weeks. After the initial 8 calendar week restriction, if an employee’s duties and work performance are aligned with telecommuting they may be allowed to do so. Upon approval to telecommute, OSC employees may telecommute up to 5 days per pay period.
Desired Competencies or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated coursework with GIS Concepts: Includes coursework such as concepts of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), including spatial data types, linkages to attribute data, map creation, and uses of GIS (3-5 credit hours).
• Demonstrated experience in ArcGIS/ArcGIS Pro/ArcGIS Desktop (1 year to 2 years).
• Demonstrated undergraduate minor in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Informatics, Management Information Systems, Telecommunication.
• Proficient at conducting geographic analyses and creating visualization using GIS software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
• Strong critical thinking and professional judgement.
• Strong analytical thinker with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 12, 2023. Documents must be sent as unlocked and accessible attachments.
Reference Item #03041-EMZ in the subject line of your email and on your cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Kimberly Bott, email@example.com
When responding, please include the reference number from this section only. The StateJobsNY website Vacancy ID # should not be included.