Minimum Qualifications Formal Qualifications
A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Information Systems or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the duties of the position, as determined by the Corporation.
Experience manipulating large data sets using Excel tools (Power Pivot, Power Query), SAS, Python, R and Tableau. A familiarity with information systems management concepts and database structures.
A successful applicant will demonstrate:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with careful attention to detail and accuracy
• Knowledge of mathematical and financial concepts and the ability to work with numerical data requiring accuracy
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive work products
• Experience in analyzing budgets, financial statements, and audit reports
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and databases
• Advanced proficiency in Excel with experience in designing and using complex spreadsheets
• Strong presentation skills
• Organization and information management skills
Duties Description The Financial Analyst I / Public Finance is responsible for the development and disbursement of complex State Revolving Fund (SRF) project financings along with the development of reports used in EFC’s Financial Disclosure. The analyst works with clients as part of a team to review and determine clients’ financial needs and undertakes the development of SRF financial assistance packages. The analyst will perform tasks such as: determining proper finance sizing and debt service specifications, structuring debt in accordance with local finance law, credit analysis and monitoring, preparation of financing documents, as well as reviewing documentation and disbursing funds. In addition, the Financial Analyst I will work closely with EFC’s Finance, Accounting and Information Technology staff, as well as outside clients ranging from investment bankers to SRF recipients, to update, verify and report on SRF and municipal data.
• Verify that appropriate and adequate/eligible documentation has been submitted to support the disbursement of project funds requested, and maintain database records for all invoices, contracts, agreements, and change orders submitted in support of disbursement requests, refinancings, and the overall plan of finance.
• Develop and process complex SRF financings, including projects with large dollar amounts and cash-flow financings that progress over multiple years and closings.
• Work collaboratively to handle more sensitive or difficult challenges that may arise with financings and work with managers to develop solutions.
• Assist in the development of loan structures to comply with NYS Local Finance Law, recipient enabling legislation, financing documents and other SRF restrictions.
• Develop and verify reports for EFC’s Annual Information Statement and Official Statements, working with other EFC staff, EFC’s Financial Advisor, Disclosure Counsel and Underwriters to accurately disclose the financial condition of the New York State Revolving Funds.
• Assist in the development and verification of program information for investors and other interested parties, and generally assist in other aspects of the preparation of disclosure documents.
• Research, propose, and develop analysis tools for both new and existing business systems to enhance internal controls, improve productivity and expand EFC’s program flexibility.
Working Conditions and Physical Abilities
Work is performed in an office setting, with prolonged periods of sitting and fine manipulation skills required for computer use.
Additional Comments The New York State Environmental Facilities Corporation (EFC), a public benefit corporation, aids local governments and other eligible applicants throughout New York State to undertake critical water quality infrastructure projects by providing access to low-cost financing, grants, and expert technical assistance.
EFC is committed to building and nurturing an inclusive workplace that strives for respect and promotes and values diversity. We believe that organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective, or any other trait that makes an individual unique, are proven to be better organizations.
To support our employees, EFC provides an outstanding benefits package similar to those offered to New York State employees. Our total compensation package includes, but is not limited to, leave benefits (Paid Parental Leave, 13 holidays and paid vacation, sick, and personal leave); a comprehensive health insurance program including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans; and membership in the NYS and Local Retirement System.
In compliance with Public Law 99-603, candidates selected for appointment must provide, within three (3) business days of the employee’s first day of employment, an original copy of documentation proving citizenship and/or legal right to work in the United States.
It is the policy of the State of New York and EFC to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, physical or mental ability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record, unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
It is the policy of EFC to provide qualified persons with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in and receive the benefits, services, programs, and activities of EFC, and to provide such persons with reasonable accommodations and reasonable modifications as are necessary, to enjoy such equal opportunity, including accommodations in the recruitment process. Further, it is the policy of EFC to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
It is the policy of EFC to provide reasonable accommodation to ensure effective communication of information to individuals with disabilities. If you need an auxiliary aid or service to make this information available to you, please contact EFC’s Human Resources Office at (518) 486-9267.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingApplication Requirements and Related Information
Candidates interested in joining our team should apply by using the green "Apply for This Job" link available at https://nysefc.bamboohr.com/careers/43?source=aWQ9MjI%3D
Salary will be based upon experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Employees may request to telecommute up to two days per week after the completion of their training period.