Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must currently be a permanent DDPS 4.
2. Must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for DDPS 4.
3. Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to the DDPS 4 by the Department of Civil Service (Must also be within 2 salary grades of the targeted title).
Duties Description *Location to be determined. Will be located at Capital District DDSO, 500 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12304 or at Hudson Valley DDSO, 3 Wilbur Road, Thiells NY, 10984.
*Required to work occasional weeknight or weekend.
*Travel within Region 3 and occasionally Statewide will be required.
This DDPS-4 position will serve as a member of the leadership team for Regional Field Office 3.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Serve as a member of the Regional Office Leadership Team overseeing the Front Door and Waiver Teams:
• Providing support, leadership, and supervision for regional office teams
• Overseeing the provision of Front Door and Service Authorization/enrollment within the 18 counties covered by the Regional Field Office (RFO)
• Ensure support, implementation, monitoring, and compliance with current and new initiatives
• Ensure timely and accurate communication, education, problem solving and technical support to the RFO team, stakeholders, and the approved providers in the RFO
• Coordinate consistent meetings for the team and stakeholders
• Ensure the team maintains records, processes, and documentation consistent with regulatory requirements and statewide processes
• Provide guidance and create efficient workflows on applicable policy including reviewing and implementing Administrative Memorandums and internal processes
• Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with Central Office
• Partner with other units of the RFO to ensure the equitable review and timely responsiveness to all requests for services.
• Partner with Leadership and other RFO units to ensure operational compliance with OPWDD memorandums and administrative guidance.
• Utilize databases, spreadsheets, and Microsoft products such as word, TEAMS, and SharePoint to enter, review, monitor and analyze information
• Serve as part of the Regional Field Office management team including supporting coverage for other departments
• Engagement with stakeholders to problem solve complaints that arise
• Participate in stakeholder events/meetings
• Manage speaking approvals for the team
• Special Projects as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• Travel may be required for meetings and presentations
Details of the duties will be discussed at the interview.
• Knowledge of voluntary provider agency operations, TABS (Tracking and Billing System), CHOICES, Excel, SharePoint, and other computer skills are valuable assets for this position.
• Please submit a current resume with your application detailing your education & experience that reflects your familiarity with the above-referenced duties & responsibilities
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail email@example.com if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Reasonable Accommodation Unit at (518) 486-7222 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements, and previously approved vacation/holiday time will be honored in the new assignment.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
500 Balltown Road
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
*Please reference EOA #23-1386 in all correspondence.