Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of qualifying permanent service in a position allocated to a Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title OR successful completion of a Keyboard Specialist performance test.
*Successful completion of a two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11.
Duties Description Reporting to the Director of Communications, the incumbent of this position will serve as the lead support person in the Unit while also supporting members of the External Affairs team. They will be responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of operations between Communications and all other Units within the Office of Cannabis Management (OCM).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the calendars of the Directors of Communications and External Affairs by independently scheduling, confirming, and canceling meetings and appointments with staff, agency program managers and business units, and all other parties. Ensure schedules are up to date and reliable.
• Make travel arrangements for staff in accordance with NYS Travel policy. Create and/or submit travel expense reports in NYS Statewide Financial System (SFS)
• Receive and review all incoming and outgoing forms, correspondence for accuracy and completeness.
• Develop office document templates including formats for letters, memoranda, facsimiles, and travel itineraries, etc.
• Contact external customers (Contractors, Vendors), client agencies and consultant field staff reviewing and securing required reporting forms and monthly reports.
• Input all forms and correspondence and distribute to appropriate staff and program areas.
• Produce and edit correspondence and documentation for the Director’s review and signature.
• Coordinate the collection of data necessary to respond to inquiries from the Executive Chamber, the State Attorney General’s office, Office of the State Inspector General, Office of the State Comptroller, State Division of the Budget, and other public and private entities.
• Screen telephone calls for appropriate routing.
• Respond to questions, research problems, and determine resolution; communicate and interpret agency policy and procedures; refer more difficult calls to appropriate staff; follow-up when necessary.
• Generate technical reports on a regular basis.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza