90 Church Street
Minimum Qualifications Current NYS Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive status as a Health Program Administrator 1 (G23) OR a NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title at or above a (G21) and deemed eligible for transfer to Health Program Administrator 1 (G23) under Section 70.1 or Section 52.6 of the NYS Civil Service Law.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred candidates will have experince in public health insurance programs, including New York's Medicaid and/or Child Health Plus, and with data systems including, but not limited to, the Welfare Management System (WMS), NY State of Health Back Office and eMedNY. In addition, preferred candidates will have the ability to research and analyze information; demonstrated experience in requirements gathering and analysis of policy guidance; strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal and organization skills; the ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities and tight timeframes; and supervisory experience.
Duties Description The HPA 1 will work within the Bureau of Downstate Eligibility Systems, which provides operational and technical support to eligibility systems such as NYSOH, WMS and eMedNY. The position will oversee subordinate staff in conducting tasks to ensure bureau goals and objectives are met.
Specific duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Lead or participate in tasks involving requirements gathering, validation of requirements with policy staff, and analysis and provision of business requirements for the new eligibility system to vendors and/or other DOH staff.
• Initiate and complete tasks necessary to produce and implement needed system change requests (CR/WLM). This includes, but is not limited to, researching and writing systems change documents, developing business requirements for legally required consumer notices, and preparing and executing test plans.
• Work with teams of vendors, DOH staff and other stakeholders as needed (e.g. issuers, LDSS, application assistors) to elicit, document, analyze, resolve issues, and provide technical assistance on implementation of business requirements.
• Prepare or review training documents and deliver training to small or large groups.
Additional Comments We offer a work-life balance and a generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Pension from New York State Employees’ Retirement System
• Shift & Geographic pay differentials
• Affordable Health Care options
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• NYS Deferred Compensation plan
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, and U.S. Savings Bonds
• And many more...
For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SD/78960/HPA1 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/78960/HPA1, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.