Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Current or previous permanent service as an Office Assistant 1 or
One year current or previous permanent in the Office Assistant 1 title series or
Must be reachable on the current civil service list for Office Assistant 1.
If appointed on provisional status, you must participate in the next Civil Service examination(s) and be a reachable candidate to obtain permanent status and maintain your position.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position will provide clerical and office support to professional staff assigned to the Human Resources Office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide clerical and office support to staff assigned to the Human Resources Office.
• Sort and distribute mail.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Answer the telephone, screen calls, take messages.
• Perform receptionist responsibilities, i.e. greet public, employees, and individuals in a courteous manner and provide answers and direction as appropriate.
• Assist in the preparation of correspondence for reports, and memos/letters.
• Maintain office files and organizational systems.
• Miscellaneous duties and special projects as needed for support of the office.
Additional Comments TITLE: Office Assistant 1
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
SALARY GRADE: 06
SALARY: $34,152 - $42,251
NEGOTIATING UNIT: CSEA Administrative Services Unit
OFFICE/REGION: Central New York/Region 2
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Division of Administration/Human Resources
LOCATION: 187 Northern Concourse
N. Syracuse, NY 13212
SHIFT/PASS DAYS: 08:00am-04:00pm
Pass Days: Sat/Sun
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit PRF1 form and-or cover letter and résumé by 12/08/2023, to:
Central New York DDSO
187 Northern Concourse
N.Syracuse, NY 13212
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Kaitlyn Covert, HR Spec 2 at 315-473-6980 ext 2003.
OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and can perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer