Minimum Qualifications Four years of experience involved with the scheduling of events in a hotel, conference facility, or entertainment venue which hosts at least 250 use days annually. Experience required includes scheduling multi-event facility usage; coordinating equipment and support services; and direct public contact.
Substitution: A bachelor’s degree substitutes for three years; associate degree for two years.
Duties Description • Act as Empire State Plaza Ice Rink Manager. Advise on program policy and development as related to the ice rink facility. Manage ice rink personnel and administration including hiring, scheduling, supervision, and day to day operations.
• Perform specific operational tasks required to support the year-round schedule of events held at OGS managed facilities including the At the Plaza Series. Provide support services specific to labor operations, assign event tasks, and ensure appropriate operations coverage for all At the Plaza events. Work closely with Convention Center Convention and Tourism Promotion Assistant to schedule and flex time to cover all CCE events.
• Schedule and coordinate space use at OGS managed facilities such as the Empire State Plaza and Convention Center, Harriman Campus and others. Responsible for verifying program requests from clients and event organizers for date and space availability, confirming the scope of the event and program needs, coordinating catering needs, logistics and event support services.
• Perform additional administrative and operations support tasks as needed.
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
• Travel may be required (approximately 5%), including during evening and weekends, depending on mission and assignment.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required, or otherwise demonstrate the capacity to meet the transportation needs of the job.
Additional Comments Workweek: Sunday - Thursday
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza