Minimum Qualifications Permanent: Reachable on the Department of Civil Service Eligible list for Administrative Assistant 1 (formerly Secretary 1), OR permanent or contingent permanent status as an Administrative Assistant 1 OR eligible to transfer into traineeship.
Provisional: Candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as an office assistant, clerical or keyboarding title allocated to SG-6 or higher.
Candidates must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title OR successful completion of a Keyboard performance test.
*Successful completion of a two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11.
Duties Description LITIGATION BUREAU DUTIES:
• Provide administrative and secretarial support to assigned attorneys and legal assistants.
• Maintain calendars for depositions, trials and other appointments.
• Type and appropriately handle correspondence, memoranda, and legal documents for attorneys.
• Schedule meetings and appointments.
• Make travel arrangements including lodging and transportation. Process travel vouchers, purchase requests, and time records.
• Prepare legal and other documents for attorneys and legal assistants.
• Provide general legal secretarial services to include typing, filing, organizing, scanning, photocopying, mail, fax & email.
• Assemble packages of legal documents and arrange for them to be mailed by either overnight service, fax, or prepared for electronic filing/electronic service, or personally served.
• Use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, the Litigation Bureau’s document assembly system and databases, and NY Matters.
• Respond to inquiries about the schedules, whereabouts, and file locations of assigned attorneys.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. Additionally, the OAG offers a robust Workplace Flexibilities Program with multiple options for employees, including telecommuting (up to two days per week) and alternative work schedules.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include vacancy ID# 144953 in the subject line. Please be sure your submitted cover letter and resume indicate your current Civil Service title.