Minimum Qualifications Permanent appointment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2, OR reachable on the Office Assistant 2 eligible list OR one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional appointment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1 or in a clerical or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher. A comprehensive list of qualifying titles is available at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/37890titles.cfm.
Note: Provisional appointments are made pending an exam and will be revoked if the selected candidate is not immediately reachable on the eligible list resulting from the next holding of the exam.
Duties Description OIL SPILL UNIT DUTIES:
• Produce a variety of legal work in final form for review by attorneys, including pleadings, motions, affidavits, answers, etc. Documents must be proofread and in proper legal format.
• Edit legal work.
• Prioritize work ensuring procedural and filing deadlines are met.
• Maintain dockets or other filing systems by manual and electronic means.
• Maintain and organize the contents of office files, including litigation case files.
• Perform general office duties as assigned such as opening mail, sorting mail, opening new files, scheduling meetings, typing letters and memos, photocopying and answering phones.
• Make travel arrangements, including reservations, for attorneys and prepare Travel Authorization Requests. Prepare and submit travel vouchers.
• Perform interest calculations using Quattro Pro.
• Answer and make routine calls for the Unit.
• Track files being placed into archives, create inventory records for archived files and make requests to retrieve archived
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State through a wide variety of occupations. Additionally, the OAG offers a robust Workplace Flexibilities Program with multiple options for employees, including telecommuting (up to two days per week) and alternative work schedules.
*There is some flexibility with hours of work*
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.