Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Administrative Assistant 1:
Candidates must be a current New York State employee reachable on the Administrative Assistant 1 eligible list.
Candidates must have one-year permanent competitive service as an Administrative Assistant 1 or Secretary 1and be eligible for lateral transfer to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-09 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law AND completion of all required mandatory and elective coursework**.
Administrative Assistant Trainee 1:
Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-06 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. **
Administrative Assistant Trainee 2:
Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-08 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law AND completion of all required mandatory coursework**.
**Incumbents will be required to take four mandatory courses the first year of the traineeship and four elective courses in each the second year of the traineeship in four competency areas through the CSEA Partnership, or equivalent offerings through another entity as determined by the agency. All trainees are required to successfully complete all courses before advancing to Administrative Assistant 1, G-11.
Candidates that are not currently incumbering or have not previously held a keyboard or secretarial title, will have to take and pass a typing proficiency exam to qualify for transfer.
• Ability to manage changing priorities in a fast-paced office environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
• Strong knowledge of professional correspondence formatting.
• Ability to proofread and edit all correspondence prepared for signature.
• Desire to contribute to a team-oriented workplace.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) CNY DDSO provides high-quality, person-centered services, supports, and advocacy to individuals with developmental disabilities in New York State. This DDSO employees close to 3,000 employees. We are guided in our interactions with the people we serve and each other by compassion, dignity, diversity, excellence and honesty. The Human Resources Office represents OPWDD on all matters related to personnel management. Typical workload includes the handling of sensitive information related to staff recruitment and deployment, employee benefits, background checks, employee and labor relations, etc. As a result, the ability to maintain confidentiality is an important requirement of the position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide clerical support for multiple Human Resources Specialists and programs within the HR Office.
• Participate/ensure completion of routine support functions (i.e., telephone coverage, maintain office files in accordance with policy and retention guidelines, acquisition of supplies, scheduling of equipment repairs, incoming mail, type all correspondence and special reports.
• Prepare, modify, and edit correspondence/documents utilizing various Microsoft programs.
• Schedule meetings and maintain electronic calendar, complete travel vouchers.
• TIMES maintenance; worklist items, transactions and any changes as needed.
• Assist with Workers’ Compensation Program and/or performance evaluation monitoring.
• Implement and monitor various tracking reports.
• Maintain/run/distribute appropriate Crystal Reports bi-weekly and as special projects occur
• Annual file maintenance.
• Meet with and respond to employees as needed in a professional and timely manner.
• Will be cross-trained to provide backup coverage in a variety of areas.
• Assisting with office projects as they occur.
• Maintain confidentiality .
• Maintenance of intranet page.
• Supervision may be a component.
Additional Comments TITLE: Administrative Assistant 1 (Formerly Secretary 1)
OR Administrative Assistant Trainee 1 and Trainee 2
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
SALARY GRADE: 11
SALARY: $44,957- $55,093 (Administrative Assistant 1)
$38,073 (Administrative Assistant Trainee 1)*
$42,493 (Administrative Assistant Trainee 2)*
JURISDICTIONAL CLASS: Competitive
NEGOTIATING UNIT: CSEA/Administrative Services Unit
OFFICE/REGION: Central New York/Region 2
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Division of Administration/Human Resources
LOCATION: 187 Northern Concourse
N. Syracuse, NY 13212
SHIFT/PASS DAYS: 8:00AM – 4:00PM
Pass Days: Sa/Su
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Internal CNY DDSO candidates submit PRF-1 form with cover letter/resume. All others submit cover letter and resume by 12/08/2023 to:
Central New York DDSO
187 Northern Concourse
N. Syracuse, NY 13212
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Kaitlyn Covert, HR Spec 2 at 315-473-6980 ext 2003.
OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and can perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.