213 Tracy Creek Rd
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must currently be a permanent Treatment Team Leader – Developmental Disabilities OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list OR be eligible for transfer under Sections 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law or be eligible for provisional appointment pending exam.
To be eligible for provisional appointment you must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had 1 year permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in one of the titles (including parenthetics) listed below:
Group 1: Chief Occupational Therapist, Chief Physical Therapist, Chief Recreation Therapist, Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1, Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 2, Developmental Specialist 4, Head Occupational Therapist, Head Physical Therapist, Head Recreation Therapist, Licensed Psychologist, Mental Hygiene Nursing Program Coordinator, Nurse Administrator 1, Nurse Administrator 2, Nutrition Services Administrator 1, Nutrition Services Administrator 2, Social Work Supervisor 1, Speech Language Pathology Audiology Program Coordinator 1, Speech Language Pathology Audiology Program Coordinator 2, and Supervisor Rehabilitation Services.
Group 2: Associate Psychologist, Audiologist 1, Audiologist 2, Community Mental Health Nurse, Developmental Assistant 3, Developmental Specialist 2, Developmental Specialist 3, Dietitian 2, Habilitation Specialist 2, Infection Control Nurse, Intermediate Care Facility Program Manager 1, Intermediate Care Facility Program Manager 2, Licensed Master Social Worker 1, Licensed Master Social Worker 2 (and all parenthetics), Mental Hygiene Staff Developmental Specialist 3 (Nursing), Nurse 2 (and all parenthetics), Nurse 3 (and all parenthetics), Nurse Practitioner (and all parenthetics), Physician Assistant, Psychologist 1, Psychologist 2, Rehabilitation Counselor 1, Rehabilitation Counselor 2 (and all parenthetics), Senior Occupational Therapist, Senior Physical Therapist, Senior Recreational Therapist (and all parenthetics), Senior Speech and Hearing Therapist, Social Work Assistant 3, Speech Language Pathologist 1, Speech Language Pathologist 2, Teacher 4 (and all parenthetics), Training Specialist 1 (Nursing), and Utilization Review Coordinator.
Only the title or titles listed are qualifying.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Treatment Team Leaders plan, organize and supervise the implementation and provision of supports and services for people with developmental disabilities, this position is based out of the Broome State Operations office in Vestal NY, and serves multiple sites in Broome County. This Treatment Team Leader will be responsible for the administration, direction, and coordination of the treatment activities of an interdisciplinary treatment team and programs tailored to meet the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities. The Treatment Team Leader will provide administrative oversight to Broome County State Operated IRAs and a Day Habilitation site. The Treatment Team Leader DD will report to their assigned DDPS4. Off hour visits to sites are required quarterly. Travel is required within the six-county catchment area and occasionally outside the area for administrative meetings and training opportunities. Other duties as assigned including on-call assignments. Participation in Administrator on Duty (AOD) system is required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Function in the role of Treatment Team Leader
· Participate in committees and complete other duties as assigned
Additional Comments Additional Comments
• If you are currently a New York State employee serving in a permanent competitive qualifying title and eligible for a transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law, you may be appointed to this title as a permanent competitive employee.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Savings programs such as the U.S. Savings Bond and the College Savings Plan.
• Voluntary pre-tax savings programs such as Health Care Spending Account and the Dependent Care Advantage Account offer employees options to pay for uncovered health care expenses or dependent care expenses.
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) an assessment and referral service that connects employees with local service providers and support services to address their personal needs.
• Life insurance and Disability insurance.
• The New York State Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary retirement plan that offers employees the option to invest a part of their salaries for retirement on a tax-deferred basis.
NYS offers Incredible Benefits!
Paid Holidays and Leave
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays each year.
• Five (5) days paid personal leave each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave each year (PEF/CSEA), which may carry over from year to year.
• Up to three (3) days professional leave each year to participate in professional development events.
Health Care Coverage
Employees and their eligible dependents can choose from a variety of affordable health insurance programs. Employees are provided family dental and vision plans at no extra cost.
Participate in The NYS Employees’ Retirement System (ERS), which is recognized as one of the best-managed and best-funded public retirement systems in the nation.
Professional Development and Education and Training
NYS offers training programs and tuition assistance to eligible employees to maintain and increase their professional skills and prepare them for promotional opportunities. For more information, please visit https://goer.ny.gov/training-and-professional-development.
Additionally, the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) offers certain professional training opportunities for PEF represented and M/C designated employees that may grant continuing education credits towards maintaining professional licensure. For more information, please visit https://oer.ny.gov/public-service-workshops-program-pswp.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
249 Glenwood Rd
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter, and résumé by December 12, 2023, to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #231212C in all correspondence.