38 Firemen's Way
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Administrative Assistant 2
OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list.
Transfer qualifications: Candidates must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional qualifications: Employees with one year of permanent competitive service as an Administrative Assistant 1, or Administrative Assistant 1 (Spanish Language); Examination Composition Assistant, Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding), Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding (Spanish Language), Office Assistant 2, or Law Department Document Specialist may be considered for provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Administrative Assistant 2 when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
Candidates may have to take the Keyboarding Performance Test.
NOTE: If three or fewer interested promotional candidates respond to this notice, the agency may, at its discretion, nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. To qualify, you must be a current OPWDD employee and have one year of service as a Contract Management Specialist 1. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title. Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties Description The candidate will be the Administrative Assistant 2 (AA2) to the Director of Region 4, Taconic DDSOO Deputy Director of State Operations, and the Bridge Deputy Director of Region 4. Taconic DDSOO is comprised of 5 counties - Columbia, Greene, Ulster, Dutchess, and Putnam Counties. This Administrative Assistant 2 will provide administrative services in support of state operations, develop, and revise work methods, and supervise administrative staff. The incumbent will interact with management, unions, outside agencies, families, and other stakeholders and, as such, will handle confidential matters. The candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated. The AA2 has a critical role in revenue generation in that the employee partners with residential and family care administrative staff to perform overflow TABS billing.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that the director and deputy directors have summary information of billing issues and response to ensure accountability for responsible parties. This additional monitoring and information are important to prevent compliance oversight lapses.
• Responsible for reviewing outgoing and incoming correspondence and reports to determine their significance,
• Receive and prepare correspondence and responses to letters/calls and visitors concerning program policies and inquiries,
• Research background information and prepare reports using data processing programs,
• Record minutes of executive meetings including, but not limited to, Board of Visitors and Steering Committee.
• Tasked with conveying instructions to staff and conducting applicable follow-up,
• Resolving day-to-day operational problems,
• Coordinating information flow by acting as a liaison among key executives, staff, and the public,
• Operating equipment and using keyboarding skills to produce correspondence, reports, and other agency documents.
• Participates in the Employee Recognition Committee
• Responsible for maintaining a calendar for the Director and Deputy Directors, ensuring that meetings are set in an accurate and timely fashion, that the appropriate personnel are notified, and that there are no scheduling conflicts.
• Make travel arrangements and prepare travel vouchers, as applicable.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Reasonable Accommodation Unit at (518) 486-7222 or e-mail at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
25 Center Circle
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy title and number on this announcement on your resume.