207 Genesee Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as an Office Assistant 2, Grade 9, and be eligible for lateral transfer, OR be eligible for transfer via 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill an Office Assistant 2, Grade 9, position in the Office of Financial Management, State Operations Finance Group, Utica Patient Resouce Office (PRO). The Utica PRO serves the Elmira PC, Rockland CPC, Mohawk Valley PC, Greater Binghamton PC, Rochester PC, SLPC, CNYPC and STARC facilities. The combined yearly admissions for the facilities is 2,818 inpatient, residential and family care admissions.
Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Complete WMS inquiries related to billing functions,
• Troubleshoot WMS error problems,
• Maintain and review various office logs to assure timely application for Medicaid benefits and analyzing and making initial determinations regarding eligibility for PNA benefits.
• Create and maintain many thousands of reimbursement files and for doing inquiry and data entry into various systems concerning the demographic, financial, program eligibility, and history information. Such systems include WMS, MHARS, FIS, eMedNY, OMH billing systems and SOLQ (Social Security Online Query).
• Process and mail forms, letters, and other correspondence
• Maintain up-to-date paper and electronic files
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position, location, and vacancy ID #145071 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.