28 Liberty Street
Minimum Qualifications Reachable on the Department of Civil Service Eligible list for Administrative Assistant Trainee 1, OR permanent or contingent permanent status as an Administrative Assistant 1 OR eligible to transfer into traineeship.
Candidates must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title OR successful completion of a Keyboard performance test.
*Successful completion of a two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11.
Duties Description This position is in the Real Estate Finance - Record Room.
• Compile weekly statistics in Excel for reports on the number of plan submissions, amendments, No Actions, Terminations, Syndications, Broker Dealer, and Cooperative Policy Statements received monthly.
• Create and compile quarterly statistics in Excel to compare numbers and percentages to previous years.
• Monitor and track case assignments and review of documents by Attorney and Engineering staff.
• Create and update Workflow/Processing Procedural Guides for the submission and acceptance of Broker Dealer Applications, Offering Plans, Cooperative Policy Statements, No Action, and Terminations.
• Monitor and evaluate the intake process and recommend ways to improve flow of paper and electronic records through the review process to meet high volume of intake.
• Monitor and evaluate data entered to identify any deficiencies including issues with payment (amounts & checks more than 90 days old) and missing answers to required questions.
• Determine any follow up required on outstanding documents.
• Review and apply rules and regulations for who may be exempt from filing further amendments to a cooperative, condominium or homeowners’ association offering plan if they meet certain requirements.
• Review and apply rules and regulations governing which components, if not present, will deem the application deficiency pending.
• Produce internal reports and reports for NYS Bar meetings as requested.
• Ensure that that clerical staff is properly trained in type of documents they are assigned as intake and provide training on any procedural changes that occur as a result of changes to the intake process.
• Respond to internal queries from bureau and other OAG staff regarding plan submissions.
• Draft job duty statements for review by Bureau management and Human Resources when a clerical vacancy occurs.
• Bureau contact for RMS (Recruitment Management System).
• Review each applicant’s transcript, writing sample, cover letter, and resume to determine qualified candidates for summer intern positions.
• Update RMS regularly (upload documents, update applicant’s status).
• Coordinate and conduct interviews for Bureau vacancies. Write interview evaluations. Communicate regularly with applicants and stakeholders including requests for additional documentation.
• Oversee staff in evaluating, and provide evaluations as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCurrent state employees who meet the minimum qualifications as stated may submit a cover letter and resume. The preferred method of application is via email to HR.Recruitment@ag.ny.gov. Please indicate Vacancy ID #145076 in the subject line and be sure to indicate how you qualify.