99 Washington Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Non Competitive Minimum Qualifications: possession of a license and current registration as a registered professional nurse in New York State; and two years of post-licensure, specialized professional administrative or professional clinical experience.
Substitution: a bachelor’s degree in nursing may substitute for one year of post licensure clinical nursing experience; and a master’s degree in nursing may substitute
for two years of post-licensure clinical nursing experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of health insurance, NYS Medicaid program and managed care preferred but not required. Experience in any of the following areas: utilization review, quality assurance, patient advocacy, public health, practice management, healthcare management, regulatory compliance, managing complaint caseload, analysis of complex materials or providing assistance to outside healthcare organizations. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Duties Description Assist Division of Health Plan Contract Oversight, Bureau of Consumer Services in a broad range of planning, implementation, investigation and oversight activities. This position will assist in the tracking of Medicaid managed care complaints and associated resolutions as needed. The incumbent will also act as a liaison between health care providers, enrollees and managed care health insurance plans to assure appropriate access and delivery of health services to vulnerable populations. The incumbent will also work with other BCS investigators, and interact with other bureaus and offices within OHIP, Managed Care Plans, CMS, OMH, OASAS and other State agencies.
Additional Comments *Posted salary range includes the statutory hiring rate at step 4and job rate for PS&T Grade 22 ($79,342 - $98,129) and an additional Geographic Pay Differential of $20,000
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS)Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit:https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference MS/HCS2/87930 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, MS/HCS2/87930, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.