110 State Street
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title, eligible under the 55 b/c program (see below), or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
For a 70.1 transfer to an Office Assistant 1, SG-06, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 04 or above.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For a 55 b/c appointment, you must:
Possess the minimum qualifications for the selected title as established by the Department of Civil Service and listed on the most recent exam announcement. Beginning Office Assistant » Department of Civil Service (ny.gov)
• Meet the applicable minimal mental and/or physical requirements for the job (with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary)
• Have a current Eligibility Letter from the NYS Department of Civil Service, www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/, and be able to provide it to the Human Resources Office upon request.
Duties Description The two Office Assistant 1 will be responsible for providing administrative office support to the Division of Human Resources (DHR) performing as the front desk receptionist for Personnel.
*Telecommuting not allowed, must provide in office customer service and office support*
The duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Answer phones, screen, and direct calls to appropriate point of contact
• Greet and assist each visitor to DHR.
• Receive and distribute incoming mail.
• Manage Human Resources Electronic Mailbox
• Type general correspondence
• Ensure reception coverage at all times (breaks, meetings, days off, etc.).
• Monitor and manage the level of available office supplies; place orders/resupply as necessary.
• Update Personnel Lock Box effective date cover sheet bi-weekly
Manages Personnel History Files (PHF)
• File documents into PHF’s
• Prepare and collate PHF's when requested.
• Pull all inactive employees’ personal history files after every pay period.
• Organize and document archived files.
• Create all new employee PHF’s.
• Set up meeting notices for PHF viewings.
• Reviewing and preparing documents for scanning
• Scan hard copy documents in PHF to FileNet, electronic PHF System
• Retrieve scanned data as requested.
• Quality check documents to ensure data integrity.
• Distribute or provide access to digital documents as requested.
• Add new employees to directory and intranet directory page.
• Maintain inactive list of separating employees.
Assist with New Employee Orientation for incoming OSC employees.
• Prepare Orientation packets including ordering forms and keeping handouts up to date.
• Assist with special Orientation sessions.
• Order Health Insurance publications for OSC employees
• Create Health Insurance packets for new OSC employees.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrates experience with maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills with staff, and with customers.
• Possesses excellent telephone skills.
• Manages time well and performs tasks accurately and within specific time frames.
• Demonstrates technological proficiency including Microsoft Excel, Word
• Ability to use common office equipment including personal computers, scanners, and
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, or the address below, no later than December 10, 2023
Reference Item #00850 – JFP in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
Human Resources mailing address:
Office of Human Resources
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Albany, NY 12236
Attn: Joanne F. Pirfo
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Kelly Mullally, email@example.com