28 Liberty Street
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Appointment: Reachable on the Department of Civil Service Eligible list for Administrative Assistant Trainee 1 (formerly Secretary 1), OR permanent or contingent permanent status as an Administrative Assistant 1 OR eligible to transfer into traineeship.
Provisional Appointment: Candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as an office assistant, clerical or keyboarding title allocated to SG-6 or higher.
Candidates must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title OR successful completion of a Keyboard performance test.
*Successful completion of a two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11.
Duties Description This position is in the Consumer Frauds Bureau of our NYC office.
• Answers telephone and gives information to callers, takes messages, and transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
• Handles caller inquiries; or directs them to the appropriate persons.
• Opens, reads, routes, and distributes incoming mail or other materials and answers routine inquiries.
• Sets up and manages paper and electronic filing systems.
• Uses various information technology applications such as email, database, spreadsheets and word processing applications.
• Operates office equipment such as printers, scanners, and copiers; and arranges for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
• Creates, maintains, and enters information into spreadsheets and databases.
• Maintains scheduling and event calendars. Schedules and confirms appointments for supervisors.
• Coordinates conferences, meetings, or special events, such as luncheons or graduation ceremonies. Makes travel arrangements for staff. Creates and/or submits travel expense reports for staff.
• Completes forms in accordance with agency procedures.
• Makes copies of various documents, places them in proper files, and distributes them to appropriate staff.
• Locates and attaches appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
• Provide assistance and support to Bureau Chief, Deputy Bureau Chief, and other Attorneys.
• General Office Management Assistance.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. Additionally, the OAG offers a robust Workplace Flexibilities Program with multiple options for employees, including telecommuting (up to two days per week) and alternative work schedules.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCurrent state employees who meet the minimum qualifications as stated may submit a cover letter and resume. The preferred method of application is via email to HR.Recruitment@ag.ny.gov. Please indicate Vacancy ID #145111 in the subject line and be sure to indicate how you qualify.