25 Center Circle
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must be reachable on the current New York State Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must be a current New York State employee eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law, with one year of permanent competitive service as a Health Information Management Technician 2, SG-15. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades,
Candidates must currently be certified by the American Health Information Management Association as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA),
Candidates must be currently certified by the American Health Information Management Association as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) AND have two years of full-time professional (post RHIT) health information management experience. *
*Professional health information management experience must include reviewing medical records with physicians, coding and indexing diseases and operative procedures, compiling statistics required for hospital service analysis, and responsibility for all technical aspects of the implementation of a facility health information management program.
Duties Description Provide Individual clinical/medical record management guidance to DDSOO
2. Review all requests for information to ensure compliance with HIPAA and Jonathan’s Law.
3. Prepare and release requests for information consistent with HIPAA and Jonathan’s Law.
4. Work with Central Office Counsel’s Office and multiple community team to complete all litigation holds.
5. Maintains accurate and up to date agency census.
6. Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all clinical and medical records.
7. Develop policies related to Health Information Management including the organization of records, release of information
8. Train and teach direct care staff, clinical staff, and administrative staff on how to organize books and records within the homes and programs.
9. Liaisons with MHLS regarding notices of status and rights
10. File medical records and maintain documentation of records.
11. Maintain record of discharges from services.
13. Maintains and updates Developmental Disability Profile for agency
14. Liaisons with multiple teams to obtain medical records in an organized manner while maintaining the confidentiality of the individual.
15. Back up TABS Coordinator
16. Supervise HIMO Staff
17. Manage and Maintain the Region 4 HIMO SharePoint site
18. Upload documents to EHR and complete deletions
19. Conduct site visits to suspended homes, oversight visits for record management, and on-site assistance with record management.
20. Attend Community of Practice Monthly Meetings
21. Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments Please note:
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Reasonable Accommodation Unit at (518) 486-7222 or e-mail at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
NYS offers Incredible Benefits!
• Savings programs such as the U.S. Savings Bond and the College Savings Plan.
• Voluntary pre-tax savings programs such as Health Care Spending Account and the Dependent Care Advantage Account offer employees options to pay for uncovered health care expenses or dependent care expenses.
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) an assessment and referral service that connects employees with local service providers and support services to address their personal needs.
• Life insurance and Disability insurance.
• The New York State Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary retirement plan that offers employees the option to invest a part of their salaries for retirement on a tax-deferred basis.
Paid Holidays and Leave
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave initially.
• Five (5) days paid personal leave each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave each year (PEF/CSEA), which may carry over from year to year.
• Up to three (3) days professional leave each year to participate in professional development events.
Health Care Coverage
Employees and their eligible dependents can choose from a variety of affordable health insurance programs. Employees are provided family dental and vision plans at no extra cost.
Participate in The NYS Employees’ Retirement System (ERS), which is recognized as one of the best-managed and best-funded public retirement systems in the nation.
Professional Development and Education and Training
NYS offers training programs and tuition assistance to eligible employees to maintain and increase their professional skills and prepare them for promotional opportunities. For more information, please visit https://goer.ny.gov/training-and-professional-development.
Additionally, the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) offers certain professional training opportunities for PEF represented and M/C designated employees that may grant continuing education credits towards maintaining professional licensure. For more information, please visit https://oer.ny.gov/public-service-workshops-program-pswp.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
25 Center Circle
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number position title of this announcement on your resume.