Empire State Plaza; Corning Tower
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer: Current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service as an Office Assistant 3, G-14 OR a NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent- permanent, competitive service in a position allocated to a salary Grade 12 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Preferred Qualifications: The preferred candidate must be able to work with a diverse group of professionals; have strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), strong attention to detail, and a desire to contribute in a team-oriented environment. The preferred candidate must be able to manage and organize multiple tasks in a fast-paced office setting; knowledge of office administration; proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and business communications and have proficient computer skills; including experience using Microsoft Office products.
Duties Description Within the Bureau of Accounts Management (BAM) Revenue Unit, the Office Assistant 3 will provide support for BAM Revenue managers, ensure efficient office operations, and help provide for adequate resources in support of program objectives. Duties may include but not be limited to:
- Documentreceipt of and prepare checks received daily for deposit;
- Assist in the research of unidentified payments;
- Enter payments into SFS against invoices or appropriate Customer, for all payment types received;
- Create adjusting entries in SFS to correct errors, process charge backs, credit and debit adjustments;
- Back dishonored checks out of SFS and notify DOH Programs areas to request new payment;
-Assist in the Collection and Referral processes;
- Respond to inquiries regarding payments received and application of payments;
- Monitor Unit BML, distributing emails to the appropriate Revenue Unit staff;
- Use various information technology applications such as email, database, spreadsheets and word processing applications;
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials and answer routine inquiries; and
- Prepare and package correspondence to go to outside organizations and individuals.
Additional Comments For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference MVS/OA3/03165 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, MVS/OA3/03165, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.