11 Corporate Woods Blvd
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Information Technology Specialist 3, SG-23; OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title allocated to G-21 or higher, and eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in an IT related field; Demonstrated experience in IT Service Management (ITSM),service and change management, in particular; Experience in project management related tasks. Experience in business analysis related tasks; Experience in Fiscal tracking and analysis.
Duties Description Reporting to the Manager of the Medicaid Data Warehouse, the incumbent of this position will participate in the day-to-day activities of approving SDLC artifacts, provisioning new users, and working with Privacy & Security to ensure users’ have a proper Data Use Agreement. On a periodic basis, the incumbent will compile and prepare complex budgets, perform project stage gate analysis, approve deployments, participate in the yearly disaster recovery test, answer contract questions, and oversee the hardware/software purchases along with a team. As such, the incumbent will work collaboratively with quality assurance, state, consultant, and vendor staffs.
• Prepare the Medicaid Data Warehouse project budget. Perform project metrics analysis comparing project hours to the relevant project stage gates.
• Work with the Change Control Board to ensure all projects/infrastructure changes are reviewed for impact, documented, and approved by the relevant business stakeholder. Perform final approval for change request deployments.
• Perform System Development Life Cycle review of project artifacts. This is a team function.
• Perform credentialing reviews of vendor requested personnel.
• Maintain the hardware/software SharePoint in conjunction with reviewing new requests. This is a team function.
• Participate in updates to Advance Planning Documents
• Be knowledgeable of the vendor’s contract and participate in reviewing amendments to the contract.
• Serve on the management team that oversees the vendor’s disaster recover test once per year. Perform a simple test as part of the review (query).
• Interview new hires – state and consultants.
• Provision new MDW requests
• Enter MDW access requests as needed
• Work with the Security & Privacy bureau to ensure requestors are listed on a Data Use Agreement
• Approve users’ attestations and modify users access as requested/approved
• Manage the Policy, Provisioning and Service Repository queues in Salesforce.
Additional Comments For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter as one (1) document, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference EM/ITS3/89081 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, EM/ITS3/89081, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.